Matt_T_hat
Fantastico Upgrade brings new errors
  • 2005/3/7 13:37

• Matt_T_hat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/9

Help, I've used my hosts auto update for XOOPS and now get these errors:

Module File for tinycontent Not Found!Module File for popnupblog Not Found!Module File for xfsnippet Not Found!

What should I do?

Matt_T_hat
Re: Fantastico Upgrade brings new errors
  • 2005/3/7 15:06

• Matt_T_hat

• Just popping in

The database seems ok but all my theme files are gone and all my modules files are gone.

It's going to take months to recall what I had... I'm gonna get narky comments from my users for a long time over this.

Help, what should I do other than never use my hosts CP again.

Dave_L
  • 2005/3/7 16:45

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Do you have a recent backup?

Also, XOOPS stores all its permanent data in the database, except for the configuration file mainfile.php. So as long as the database is ok, you can grab the XOOPS distribution .zip or .tar.gz for your XOOPS version, and extract that to get the files. If you have hacks or custom themes, you'd have to restore those too.

Matt_T_hat
  • 2005/3/7 21:42

• Matt_T_hat

• Just popping in

So the good work is - find all those files and re-upload... this could take a long while

Is there a list of themes used within the database?

Matt_T_hat
I LOVE MY HOST!
  • 2005/3/8 10:11

• Matt_T_hat

• Just popping in

I Love My Host. I hope they never change. I emailed them and they send me a backup that was not even 24 hours old as a tar.gz and so all my themes and modules are on a giant FTP queue waiting for another site to compleate a back-up (only make an error once).

Thanks for the clue that all I needed to do was replace the files. I can now be on line again inside an hour.

I do however have an idea. A small independent page/file(s) that will give you a list of modules (and tell you their status, if missing etc) and themes and tell you if it knows where they came from... it would involve XOOPS noteing themes it has seen and when it last saw them.

It could just be a usefull diagnostic tool. Maybe it would work with "SnapShot of Key data" files (like a form of back-up without the space being eaten up).

Any how thanks I am now on the road to a full recovery even if I do upddate manually in future!

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits