Daethian
Installing PHPBB
  • 2005/3/7 18:41

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/3/4 1

I was previously running a phpbb board on my site. So I wanted to install the phpbb module for XOOPS and hopefully be able to upgrade to the latest version of the board and maybe use my database.

I can't get the module to show up though. The instructions with it are minimal and not exactly clear in comparison to what I'm used to seeing/doing with a phpbb install. I uploaded the folder to my root directory but it doesn't show up in my admin to activate. I tried uploading to the modules directory also but that didn't work. There are several levels of folders before you actually get to the board files but I don't know what XOOPS needs (I'm a XOOPS newbie) so I'm not sure I'm transferring the files at the right folder level if that makes sense.

Can someone break this down for me a little and tell me where I went wrong?

karedokx
Re: Installing PHPBB
  • 2005/3/7 19:55

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

you are trying to install the bbpixel's phpbb port (or x-phpbb)?

please see: phpbb in xoops, and get the latest version in bbpixel.com. it's a module with XOOPS core hacks. the installation zip file will consist of 2 main directory: the core hacks file which you will need to copy to your XOOPS directory (replacing the XOOPS core files) and a x-phpbb module directory where you need to copy it to the modules directory and installed it as the standard XOOPS module installation steps.

Daethian
  • 2005/3/7 20:49

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/3/4 1

Hmm... that sounds like more work over the long run. I guess I will try out the preinstalled BB and see how I like it instead.

Thank you for your help.

Mithrandir

Rather get Newbb 2 if you are in it for the features. Many things have been enhanced in Newbb 2 from the version that is included in the full XOOPS package.

S25ofa0tu
  • 2005/4/17 14:21

• S25ofa0tu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/16

Hi i would also love to get a covnerter as i have no problem with dropping phpBB and getting nuBB this person here seems to be developing a converter
http://www.xoops2.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=953&start=0#forumpost4142&

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits