kiwiguy
Moving Site Probnlem Help
  • 2005/3/5 16:54

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

I have just moved a customers XOOPS website and all the images have a red x on them now before you tell me i should do the obvious this is what i have done

1/ edited the mainfile with the new physical on virtual path (I know this is right as the site actually shows up)

2/ All files that need to have a 777 permision have been changed.

3/ I have edited the database and replaced all the old URLS with the new URL of the site so instead of being

http://hmmmthatsnice.insane-space.com/

i replaced with new site name

http://www.hmmmthatsnice.net/

I have checked and rechecked this 4 times.

I have also gone into all the locations that have red xs to confirm the file is there.

The weird thing is when i right click on a red x and click properties the domain name in there is correct so I am totally bewildered I have even re uploaded the theme used to make sure but yet nothing I have alsoe tested the rest of the the thems (standard that come with xoops) I just get a blank page in those cases...

my server is running
php 4.3.8
mysql
UNIX server
machine i686

I think i have covered it all

carnuke
Re: Moving Site Probnlem Help
  • 2005/3/5 19:15

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

When you get the image properties by a right click on the red x, copy the url and paste it in your browser address. You should get the image showing. If you dont the address is wrong which is why there is no image.

unfortunately your new site requires a login so I cant check things!

kiwiguy
  • 2005/3/6 2:37

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

Hey carnuke I did that and i came up with this response

Quote:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /themes/fiapplepink/images/tt12_r.gif on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have no idea where to go now carnuke check your pm's i have given you the login details to access the site.

Any other help from anybody else would be greatly appreciated.

regards
stuart

kiwiguy
  • 2005/3/6 3:44

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

Now this is the most embarrasing moment for me LOL my problem is fixed I sort of forgot to chec that the site was on the allow list for hotlink protection...dun hold that against me LOL

kiwiguy

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits