JamesSAEP
"Whos Online" shows after logoff?
  • 2005/2/28 5:24

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

The "Whos Online" shows several members, and my account as being online after they have logged off and shutdown the browser. One showed online after an hours time of being off.

Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks.

Cheeze
Re: "Whos Online" shows after logoff?
  • 2005/2/28 6:32

• Cheeze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

This might sound superfluous, but did you click refresh or open an new browser to check that?

JamesSAEP
  • 2005/2/28 16:16

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

Yes, I logged off and back on in a new browser, even went so far as to log off, delete temp internet files, windows temp files, reboot and when I looked on the site (not logged on) , the users and my old session were still listed as being online...

Any ideas?

J

shawnlander
  • 2005/3/2 20:55

• shawnlander

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/2 2

I'm having this same problem. I've tested it by creating test accounts... logging in, logging off, going to a different webpage, clearing cache/deleting cookies, logging in as different user, and it shows the original user logged in still.

airdog
  • 2005/3/4 18:15

• airdog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/16

I'm having the same problem also. And when I log on It shows me as a guest and a member.

marc5
  • 2005/3/4 18:37

• marc5

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/2 2

Same with me

Mithrandir

The Who's Online block does not clear not-logged-in users every time it is shown. There is a garbage collection with a 10% probability of being run, everytime the block is shown.

If you don't have a lot of pageviews, you may just be a victim of the garbage collection.

DonXoop

Yep, a reasonably active site will show accurate who's online stats. Mine seems to always show accurate results. Many users (most?) will not logout and just close the browser. The stats will linger for a while and might show them as logged in and as anonymous. If they log out it seems the stats clear their name. It clears up pretty fast.

joostmusic
  • 2005/3/17 11:25

• joostmusic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/26

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
The Who's Online block does not clear not-logged-in users every time it is shown. There is a garbage collection with a 10% probability of being run, everytime the block is shown.

Is there anyway to hack or ajust a page setting or db setting, to raise this value of 10%? I don't have a lot of logins on my site and the Who's Online is only shown for registered users so I run the risk of having these users sitting there for days without going away.

krystinevo

I found this tip awhile ago... haven't tried it out yet:

http://xoops-tips.com/news-article.storyid-27.htm

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits