Rod1mu5
Hacker beware
  • 2005/3/3 15:40

• Rod1mu5

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/18

I know I'm new and all. Did I miss some rules or something? I asked a simple question about my site and some modules and somebody hacked me up! Thanks!

Now I can't even get into my site. Now that the naiveness is gone, whats the back door?

Gambero[removed]
Re: Hacker beware

Contact your hosting provider.

skenow
  • 2005/3/3 15:59

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

There's something on your main page that's messing you up. You can access your login page (user.php) and go from there.Your Login Page.

Once you get there, go to the Administration Menu and turn on PHP Debug to find out what's giving you grief.

In the meantime, do a search for 'security' on Xoops, read the threads, download Protector and install that on your site.

DonXoop

Are you sure that you were hacked? No doubt that some trolling kidz could visit your site but what I see right now is an old fashioned blank screen. One of the more common and frequently asked questions (hey, that's why they call it a FAQ!).

You may simply have configuration and or module/theme issues.

Rod1mu5
  • 2005/3/3 19:52

• Rod1mu5

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/18

Thanks for the good info and I'll be updating the security settings. The reason I cried hacked is because I did not have a problem until I posted requesting help and then the problem showed up. I'll go review the FAQ's again. Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits