marc5
new site!
  • 2005/3/3 1:56

• marc5

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/2 2

Hi!
I recently did a site based on rc on-road cars. Nothing special, i would just like to hear your opinions.

www.mi-tuning.org

Bulls
Re: new site!
  • 2005/3/3 18:09

• Bulls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/8 1

Hi

It is a start for sure. Some great information for budding car nitro users etc. Few points though. You have one of the most popular subject matters - cars. I think you need to start showing a lot of pictures of them even on the first page. The site will come to life if you start doing that I am sure. Just seems a little flat now.

There are scripts that allow uploading of images from visitors. A lot of car owners love to show off their pride and joy so if you can get them involved in a gallery or something then the site will have added interest.

Be interesting to see the site again in the future if you stick at it.

Regards

MKJ
My ever changing site!

marc5
  • 2005/3/3 19:00

• marc5

• Just popping in

Actually we have album and forum where you can post pictures of your cars,... But to do that or to view pictures you have to be registerd. About the top page you are right. It needs more pictures of rc cars. I'll see what i can do.

binarywhispr

looks good. Great topic as far as drawing traffic but as was mentioned you need to splash up the front page with some color.

marc5
  • 2005/6/20 16:45

• marc5

• Just popping in

Ok everyone me and my friend colored the front site a little bit and changed the theme complitely. What do you guys think? Possible suggestions are also welcomed.

The url of the site is the same.

marc5
  • 2005/6/21 14:32

• marc5

• Just popping in

Anyone?

tim1980
  • 2005/6/21 14:45

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/5

Your site is nice, I like it.

I am also running a Car related website with XOOPS and have been finding it very difficult to get a userbase to follow the site.

The site is www.SpoilerCar.com

I'd love to trad links with you as I don't have any partner links yet...

Sorry I can't give you much advise, I'm in the same boat as you mate...

DonXoop

Interesting. I'm not familiar with RC cars but I know there is a large crowd that is. The traffic will come if the content is interesting enough. You want to tailor the content to the targeted audience. I don't know if your audience is more local or wide spread. You'll want to keep an eye on performance as traffic increases. Too much uncached items like stats can slow things down when you get busy.

One of my siteshttp://spda-online.ca is a car site focused on Subarus and a more local (Ontario/Quebec) crowd. We are a tight knit group that races in low budget grassroots racing. So we're not so much into bling or gossip but XOOPS is still great for either kind of car site.

Good luck.

marc5
  • 2005/6/21 15:12

• marc5

• Just popping in

marc5
  • 2005/6/21 15:15

• marc5

• Just popping in

You both have nice sites!

Tim1980-> about that link exchange thing no problem. Do you have a banner of your site? About that live chat on your site...something isn't working I tried the same chat before but something was wrong. It looked like two different users were on the same channel but they couldn't find eachother .

DonXoop-> thanx for a tip. Are you also interested in link exchanging?

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits