karedokx
NewBB Gif Images + several other questions
  • 2005/2/9 13:58

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

i'm in the process of setting up newbb in my website. just several quick questions (could not find it in the forum):

1) i found that the gif images used in newbb do not use the transparency (are not transparent gifs).

any particular reason for that?

2) in the readme_first.txt it is stated:

MUST-DO: replace your /modules/system/admin/modulesadmin/main.php with the
-- Bugfix for block update

i'm using a XOOPS 2.0.7. should i update the main.php to the above? and i have followed the link and could not find/download the file.

3) is any other imagesets for newbb available?

thanks!

karedokx
Re: NewBB Gif Images + several other questions
  • 2005/2/10 8:22

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

* bump *

sko22
  • 2005/3/3 13:51

• sko22

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/21

up!

Gambero[removed]

Quote:
1) i found that the gif images used in newbb do not use the transparency (are not transparent gifs).

The gif images are transparent. But you have to turn on PNG Hack. But I agree that pictures aren't good. They are not good for use in darker themes. that's why I made my own pictures.

Quote:
i'm using a XOOPS 2.0.7. should i update the main.php to the above? and i have followed the link and could not find/download the file.

Yes, you have to update it. The link is here!

Quote:
3) is any other imagesets for newbb available?

Yes it is.

Find it here!

karedokx
  • 2005/3/3 16:17

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

thanks for the response, gambero!

Quote:
Yes, you have to update it. The link is here!

as i mentioned previously, the link (for the bugfix for block update) has a problem. it shows something like below (newbb's developer please help on this one, i think there is a problem with the file in the sourceforge!):

// // ------------------------------------------------------------------------ // // This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify // // it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by // // the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or // // (at your option) any later version. // // // // You may not change or alter any portion of this comment or credits // // of supporting developers from this source code or any supporting // // source code which is considered copyrighted (c) material of the // // original comment or credit authors. // // // // This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, // // but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of // // MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the // // GNU General Public License for more details. // // // // You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License // // along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software // //

sko22
  • 2005/3/12 17:29

• sko22

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/21

i can't see the gif or png images with internet explorer 4

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits