kalamata
Headlines Module
  • 2005/3/3 12:31

• kalamata

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/3/3 1

Dear All,

I just installed and started experimenting with XOOPS yesterday, so please accept my apologies if what I am going to ask is a silly question.

I have installed the Headlines module and I am trying to use it for BBC. I visitedhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/rss/3223484.stm, which gives information on the topics that BBC is providing RSS files for but all of them seem to be ending in XML. I have also tried BBC Greek which gave me an rdf file (http://www.bbc.co.uk/greek/index.rdf) to type in the RDF URL field and nothing is happening...

Could anybody please advice me on where I might be going wrong? Do I need to install any additional software?

Please help!

Thanks in advance,
George

DonXoop
Re: Headlines Module

Besides the usual disclaimer of saying that you should review the FAQs on this site and the readmes of any modules you are installing, if helps us if you state info about your set-up. Your XOOPS version, server OS, modules used, etc. There are several headlines modules so it helps to know what you are using.

Those .xml, .rdf, etc. URLs are correct. You won't see much by viewing those URLs directly. Those URLs are what you enter in the config section of the headlines module. You see the output from the normal module screen.

kalamata
  • 2005/3/3 12:56

• kalamata

• Not too shy to talk

That's true, apologies for that...I am using XOOPS version 2.0 with the Headlines module that comes with it (Version 1.0).

The web server is running Apache (release 10331100 and Apache API version 19990320 as output by phpinfo)and PHP is version 4.

Am I doing something wrong?

Could somebody share the entries for the configuration of Headlines that he knows they work?

Thanks for your help.

George

kalamata
  • 2005/3/3 22:06

• kalamata

• Not too shy to talk

I just had a look at the database and it looks like the individual updates are been saved there but, for some reason not displayed. Visibility is set to true for the module and I can see the updates for XOOPS. Any suggestions as to where I might be going wrong?

Thanks,
George

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits