lucidlee
Can't get into admin after transferring site
  • 2005/3/1 14:23

• lucidlee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/21

I've just transferred a XOOPS site from my personal machine to my webhost and now can't get access to adminstrator functions. Since I had full access with the same data set locally I assumed its a permissions thing on the server machine and have a done a coarse-grain search and correct but short of going through the entire site file by file am clueless how to resolve this.

Transfer details; ftp site to webhost. Dump sql and then upload into host.
home page comes up fine and can login as administrator and view all pages but attempting to enter the administration section am rebuffed by dialog saying that I have no rights to enter there. No other user with similar privileges can access either.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Lee

hyperpod
Re: Can't get into admin after transferring site
  • 2005/3/1 14:27

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

Did you also edit the mainfile.php in the root dir ?

This would be a requirement for that kind of move.

Regards,

lucidlee
  • 2005/3/1 23:11

• lucidlee

• Just popping in

Quote:

hyperpod wrote:
Did you also edit the mainfile.php in the root dir ?

Yes, I did.

lucidlee
  • 2005/3/2 23:12

• lucidlee

• Just popping in

OK, now I'm getting desperate. I've done the SQL dump and load thing between my machine and the host machine more times than I can count and the result is the same everytime. I can logon as registered user or the administrator and rock around the interface without a problem. Everythng works as expected. But when I try to go into the Administration section I get rebuffed (no right of access).

I thought that it may be due to platform differences (MacOSX vs Linux) or version differences (PHP 5.0 versus 4.1) but even if that's true I don't know how to resolve that either.

I've even fiddled with the settings in mainfile.php with no discernible improvement. I'm guessing that there is some test that is being failed. In php debug mode I get this warning when I login that I don't get on my test machine:
Quote:
Warning [PHP]: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/html/mainfile.php:1) in file include/common.php line 185

And when I attempt to transfer to the Administration Section I get this:

Quote:
Warning [PHP]: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/mainfile.php:1) in file include/common.php line 185

Warning [PHP]: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/html/mainfile.php:1) in file include/common.php line 185

Doesn't anyone have experience of this problem and how to resolve it?

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits