barryc
Auto-join module
  • 2005/3/1 8:10

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Does anyone know of a module that could be used to assign a new member to certain XOOPS group(s) after the person has paid to join an organization? I run a web site for a hobbyist organization. Members commonly join online, using Paypal. These days everyone expects instant gratification once they have joined and to receive a user ID and password immediately. I'd like to be able to add the person automatically to our Members Group, assigning a user ID and password, and emailing the new member.

Probably asking a lot, huh?

Barry Cooper

Mithrandir
Re: Auto-join module

Search the module repository for "registration" and you should find a couple of modules for creating registration keys that will auto-assign people to groups.

barryc
  • 2005/3/1 17:46

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

I did search and the only relevant module I found (by Googling) was regkeys, which apparently allows you more control over the registratioin process and to allow members of certain groups rights to conrol the registration process. From what I can read about it, it doesn't do quite what I have in mind.

Barry

Arowana
  • 2005/3/1 20:01

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

the one we use is aMember but it cost you 139.00 bucks plus the plugin. if you get aMember you can find the XOOPS plugin on the net for free, just have to look hard for it.

click here for ----> aMember

Ryansaw
  • 2005/3/9 8:32

• Ryansaw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/6 1

Does the aMember script allow for previous members to join new groups or does it only work for new members?

brash
  • 2005/3/9 8:51

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Ryansaw,

Before spending $140USD on aMember, please contact me. Myself and a few others are in the process of trying to get xDonations modified to become a much more complete and flexible payment gateway. Have a look at this thread for some basic details. If we are able to get this project off the ground then it will be released back to the XOOPS community free of charge.

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits