carnuke
Re:Experiences with Surpass hosting???
  • 2004/10/28 8:45

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

The fact that SurpassHosting take the trouble to respond speaks volumes IMHO.

I continue to be very happy with this hosting company.

WarDick
  • 2004/11/12 23:41

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

My recent move to Surpass hosting has been anything but pleasant. The issues are many but the main concern is that a standard installation of XOOPS will not work!!!!. New users are not able to register. The Surpass help desk informed me that it would work when installed with their fantastico installer. I tried this method and it works --- but XOOPS behaves differently.

Does anyone have a standard install of XOOPS working on Surpass servers?

Has anyone successfully upgraded to 2.0.9 successfully?

I have not had this issue with any other hosting providers.

Also no imageMagiK

tjnemez
  • 2004/11/12 23:55

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

I have four site with surpass, 2 use XOOPS 2.0.9 and the others use 2.0.7 i installed all my own sites, not sure but may be fantastico installer.

WarDick
  • 2004/11/13 0:44

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Did you do a normal install or did you use fantastico?

I just tried to upgrade a normal install to 2.0.9 and got this error.

<b>fatal error</b>: Call to a member function on a non-object in <b>/home/bracket/public_html/proof/footer.php</b> on line <b>30</b>

I'm about to try and upgrade an fantastico installed version.

Thanks for the information.

tjnemez
  • 2004/11/13 2:01

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

sorry i did my own install, not fantastico. i seen other posts here where persons had trouble with fantastico.

anyway the guys at surpass are pretty good, hopefully they wil get this going for you. i always get support in a reasonalbe time, allbeit some issues take longer.

surpass
  • 2004/11/13 4:29

• surpass

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/18

Quote:
Does anyone have a standard install of XOOPS working on Surpass servers?

Has anyone successfully upgraded to 2.0.9 successfully?

I have not had this issue with any other hosting providers.

Also no imageMagiK

There are at least 10 people that I know of in this forum that are very happy with Surpass and use Xoops, that is why this thread is here. :) I assume that's how you found us.

Yes we do have ImageMagick, most certainly we do, on all 90+ of our servers.

If there is ever an issue installing XOOPS through Fantastico or Scripta, you should install it manually. I have installed XOOPS for customers on various servers and never had a major problem (at least any that weren't caused by my error). I can try to install it for your personally if you'd like. My email is kfleming[at]surpasshosting.com

EDIT: I hate that I forgot: Tjnemez, thank you for your support.

lvhm-5
  • 2005/1/23 13:23

• lvhm-5

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/23

Hi Kayla,

I came across this thread and as a former client of Surpass Hosting I do not recognize my experience with Surpass Hosting in what you write.
In the period you reference my domain was frequently unavailable, due to server outages, network problems and unacceptably low performance.
Your first level of support is great, especially for dealing with beginner-questions, but your admins (and I have in all honesty to say you included) are experts in stonewalling any serious cases as "being worked on" or "thank you for your patience". My patience ran out, and quite a few others' with me. Surpass Hosting shows all the signs of overselling, which in all honesty has to be expected with these prices. I never once received any communicaion from Surpass as advance warning of server outages, and never once in retrospect explaining what was wrong.

You are obviously very clever at marketing and work very hard at keeping up the apparence of 100% uptime and happy customers. If you only worked as hard to actually deliver what you promised, you would have a lot less unhappy customers around.

carrie
  • 2005/2/21 19:20

• carrie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/12

I moved to Surpass the beginning of January (after an awful experience at another host) and I have not had any problems at all. I am currently running XOOPS v2.0.9.2. I'm sorry to hear that some of you all are still having problems. I hope they are resolved soon.

Arowana
Re: Experiences with Surpass hosting???
  • 2005/2/28 17:19

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

I have had great luck with webhostingbuzz.com. I have selected the biggest package for the bandwidth issue at 65000 I find it was the best deal for the money.

This last year they have updated all their servers to dual xeons and have been running great. At first two years ago their was a lot of down times but I would say that have corrected these issues as I have not noticed any downtime in the last 8 months.

the dont over load their servers but over selling account, instead they have a set number of accounts they sell for each server keeping in mind that they do offer unlimited sub-domains and add on domains.

Well worth the 85 USD per year for everything they offer.

As far as XOOPS on their servers I have 6 XOOPS sites and all installed / run just fine without problems.

Herko
Re: Experiences with Surpass hosting???
  • 2005/2/28 17:55

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Arrowana: do not spam our forums with your posts about your hosting provider please. One or two posts are enough, six or seven is way too much.

I host at Surpass and have had no problems they didn't handle correctly at all. I can recommend them. I have installed XOOPS as well, and haven't had any of the problems WarDick reports. But hey, that's just me

Herko

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits