basil
Problems working out how to convert existing web to XOOPs
  • 2005/2/26 23:07

• basil

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/14

Hi
we have a community sitehttp://www.maranoa.org.au run by volunteers.

We'd like to use the power of XOOPS to make it better, and lighten the load.

I can visual how much of the existing content will move across, and we've started testing that.

But we have a lot of "subwebs", or whatever the exact term is, in our directory. I tried a module called iContent, but I'm not sure that's the answer.

Can XOOPS handle them, and perhaps even allow owners of those sites, to update them, themsleves?

We want to give people the power to do much of the management themselves.

Hope you can help.

karedokx
Re: Problems working out how to convert existing web to XOOPs
  • 2005/3/1 16:42

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

the other more senior xoopsters might be able to point you to the more appropiate solution/answer

i think there are several options you can take for the requirement you mention: edito module (or later the being developed myedito module) might be suitable for your requirement.

the available article management modules might be able to achieve the same thing? or using the tinyd module (for peak.ne.jp)?

Chappy
  • 2005/3/1 18:31

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

If by subwebs you mean the directory listings on your site, with any number of modules you could create topics to match your directory listings and then give your editors permission to manage those topics. If you hired someone to do some of the work for you, they could perhaps even convert your current "articles" into the receiving module. The problem would be deciding which module to use - there are so many that could work: AMS, the new news module (I think it's ready for production sites, but not positive), some of the section mods, etc. You would need to check out the features of each module, and especially check out the permissioning system. I have no doubt at all that XOOPS will do what you want very nicely. It's just a process of figuring out how best to accomplish that. I'd recommend you find someplace to set up a XOOPS trial run and have a go at the different modules.

Hope this helps...

basil
  • 2005/3/5 7:15

• basil

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/14

Thanks Chappy and karedokx

I downloaded and installed AMS. It looks like the job - lots of testing yet to be done, so we'll see how I fare.

Thanks for your help.

Basil

Login

Who's Online

69 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 69

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits