Wheeler
Re: [myEDITO] A user homepage version for test
  • 2005/2/19 1:59

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/29

Bugs / Feedback / Suggestions

-Create / Submit within module header for easy signup.

-Text tips for image upload width=160px on submit page. I lost my entire first attempt just because my image was too wide.

-Summary does not show proper bbcode and html.

Summary
:lolWelcome to Wheeler's Edito :lol: This is a link [url=...

-Clicking on myEdito in main menu while logged in brings me to my own myEdito. I think this should be an index page with alphabet listings, with the 'toolbar': Create (submit); Recent (date); Popular (hits); Top Rated (votes).

-A great feature would be 'Most Active Editos' displaying the most frequently updated editos. Also, a 'Recently Updated' feature would be nice, or better, a notification options of updates and such.

Thanks for your time!

Wheeler
  • 2005/2/19 2:01

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

by the way, this is my edito
http://www.7-a-dire.com/edito/modules/myEdito/content.php?id=4&uid=4

solo71
  • 2005/2/20 17:28

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

*Bumpy burps*

Your appreciations are greatly welcome. I just need them to get back to my secret lab, and attack some creature enhancements.

tzvook
  • 2005/2/23 23:15

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Sugestions/features request:

- Alphabetic + categoric sorting of users/homepages for big sites.
- A hack for linking each user (from user's details core file) to his homepage.

I'll think of more ... ...

solo71
  • 2005/2/24 9:26

• solo71

• Module Developer

I'm not to fond with the idea of hacking core files. But I could have a look at this as an option.

The admin has the rights to select sort order: alphabetical order, reads, date, etc.

tzvook
  • 2005/2/24 11:33

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

10x solo 4 the quick reply

I meant Alphabetic navigation (similar to WSdownloads ... which don't work so good) - not Alphabetic sorting
If you have about ... lets say ... 500 users, 200 of them with homepages, you need a way to look for their homepages.

so - if you go to each user details page, you'll expect to see a link to his homepage (might be a hack for one to put/don't put)
But, the least is to enter the "homepages module" and to find a homepage by user's name.

Sorting is good if it's a few homepages, for bigger sites, a carefull planning is require ... looking through the "visitor eyes"

I would have helped with the Alpabetic thing, but I'm stuck with it too in the Xdirectory module ( https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=32229&forum=4&post_id=140630 )

astaldaran
  • 2005/2/25 2:48

• astaldaran

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/9 1

This is very awesome, can't wait till it is done so I can set it up on my test site and than live!

Thanks!

Wheeler
  • 2005/2/25 4:40

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

I only use the alphabet menu on the module index page. I think it mixes up when you are on 'Page 2, 3, 4, etc'. I have noticed the 'Sort by' menu mixes up too.

Example:
- Sort by 'A'
- shows first 5 listings
- click 'Page 2'
- listings show page 2 of default 'sort by' order

The letters and Sort By orders do not carry over to next page.

This is alternate code, mostly just for printing the alphabet menu in your template.
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=31259&forum=15&post_id=136504#forumpost136504

solo71
  • 2005/2/25 8:28

• solo71

• Module Developer

The alpabetic thingy sound interesting. But as far as I can see, this is not completly ready yet.

I think I'll try to release my module as it is so far, and try to implement this kind of navigation in the next release.

Regarding the profile user link, don't forget XOOPS automatically add links to Edito's authors.

tzvook
  • 2005/2/25 9:14

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

solo71 wrote:
The alpabetic thingy sound interesting. But as far as I can see, this is not completly ready yet.

Yep, hope some sharp eye dev will see the problem

Quote:

solo71 wrote:
Regarding the profile user link, don't forget XOOPS automatically add links to Edito's authors.

I didn't thought about it, thatr's really somethin , though for me at least, it's quite a basic need to make the link to myedito very big @ the user profile, even as a hack ... especially if there's no alpabetic way of search.

That way or another I thank you Solo for this great addition for Xoops, a module that was so long awaited, and will probably go far in next releasses too

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits