WallStArb
Image Manger doesn't work for users
  • 2005/2/22 17:24

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

Anyone have a problem with registered users upload an image but it it will not show the image. If I add images as a WEBMSTAER via the admin panel it works fine. After turning on php debug I find the following

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: target in file imagemanager.php line 176

Anyone have any insight into this behavior? Why it might work from the admin CP but not from any of the imagemangers embedded in the editors?

WallStArb
Re: Image Manger problems
  • 2005/2/22 19:11

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

So I'm the only ne who's seen this?

LazyBadger

Be more patient... Two hour is not a delay at all

WallStArb
  • 2005/2/22 20:33

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

True true... Used to real time feedback via chat... But it's intersting though the behavior seems to be fine if you are logged into the admin panel and then goto System Admin then images, you can upload images to your hearts content... but not if you are say in the news article and want to add an image to post in an article or perhaps a blog.

Not sure if its a problem specific to my install, but I can't imagine that the image manager could be this screwed up and buggy without having been noticed and fixed.

http://www.sluse.com

There's a link to the site

WallStArb
Image manager bugs
  • 2005/2/23 22:40

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

No one have any strange behavior from the image manger then I can assume?

Anyone have any decent recs for an alternative to the core image manager? It seems soooo weak, there's got to be a good alternative, but unfortunately I dont think that it will be integrated.

Would be nice to allow users to maintain their own images and pics in blob and also make the interface more professional looking to the core image manager

banned
Re: Image Manger doesn
  • 2005/2/23 22:49

• banned

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/16

What version of XOOPS are you using?
Have you update to 2.0.9.2 from a previous version?
If yes, have you read about the uploader.php problem - easily fixed?
Have you tried to re-upload imagemanager.php?

Regards,

WallStArb
  • 2005/2/24 21:51

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

We're using 2.0.9.2 froma fresh install... I haven't tried goign to an older version's imagemanger.php. Does anyone have a link for the file that works? Why don't they fix it and release a version with the imagemanager.php that actually works?

Anyway... if you have a link for it, I'd love to get it.

Thanks!

autodafey
  • 2005/2/24 22:13

• autodafey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/24

I'm having a similar problem. I use the image manager to upload an image and it shows up in the list of images. Also, the link to the image actually works (so the url verifies, no write problems or ghosts where the interface says it uploads but it's not actually doing so). So, I go to the image manager link, while editing a block, to insert an image and it inserts the img code. Then, I go to the home page with the block on it and I see the code but not the image. Do you know why this would be occuring? Is there some tweak I need to set?

autodafey
  • 2005/2/25 8:42

• autodafey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/24

Okay, I think I solved my own problem. What I figured out was that the block has to be submitted with the (Auto Format) Smileys Enabled option set. Then the image comes out correctly. I suppose if I wanted it to use the HTML enabled, I'd have to use the traditional img src command. Can someone verify this? Is it an option either way?

WallStArb
Re: Image Manger doesnt work
  • 2005/2/25 18:43

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

The imagemanger is still a problem... does anyone have an older version of imagemanger.php they can post that solves this problem? You'd think that if they KNOW its broken that they would post the fix somewhere.

Login

Who's Online

67 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 67

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits