scruffy
Error when installing!! HELP
  • 2005/2/23 20:29

• scruffy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/23

Hi,

I have already used XOOPS before and had no problems installing it - however, i have moved to a new webhost now and am having difficulties installing, i get the following error:

Please change the file permission for mainfile.php so that it is writeable by the server (i.e. chmod 777 mainfile.php on a UNIX/LINUX server, or check the properties of the file and make sure the read-only flag is not set on a Windows server ). Reload this page once you have changed the permission setting.

Does anyone know what this means? i know the files are fine from my end as i have uploaded them before and installed xoops!

Please help

Herko
Re: Error when installing!! HELP
  • 2005/2/23 20:43

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

jdseymour

If you are installing on a Linux/Unix server see this Faq Page and check your permissions.

Installing XOOPS on Windows Server I have heard that sometimes just clearing the read only attribute is not enough. You must also ensure that the iuser (I believe it is called) has write permissions to the file.

HTH.

PS. The error is stating that mainfile.php is not writable by the server.

scruffy
  • 2005/2/23 20:51

• scruffy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/23

Thanks, i just got round it - changed the file to chmod 777 in the webshell and it worked a treat.

Thanks

jdseymour

Don't forget to set mainfile.php to chmod 444 when install is finished.

soulnice
  • 2005/5/30 8:53

• soulnice

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/23

Hi, I have encountered similar problem but can't resolve by the suggested method. :(

I have installed XOOPS successfully with Windows 2000 by following the instructions at http://docs.xoops.org/modules/xdocman/manual.php?lang=en&doc=xu-002&file=ch02.html
I granted the MODIFY right to the IUSR_MACHINE account and everything go right but unfortunately the forum is not so stable in Windows. (It is so expectable ! :[ ). Finally, I decided to setup XOOPS with Fedora Core 3. The apache, PHP and MySQL setup without error by selecting all options from the standard FC3 installer. I can run phpBB succesfully but not even gone through the XOOPS.

I downloaded XOOPS and copy to the directory of /var/www/html/xoops. I set 777 to all sub-directories of uploads, cache, templates_c and even the file mainfile.php. My apache is running under the account nobody:nobody (I have tried to run under apache:apache too). I start my installation at http://localhost/xoops/install/index.php. I don't know why it is still got the not-writable to above mentioned directories.

Directory uploads/ is NOT writable.
Directory cache/ is NOT writable.
Directory templates_c/ is NOT writable.
File mainfile.php is NOT writable.

Please help. Did I miss something ?

Login

Who's Online

553 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 553

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits