JasonMR
Re: Template, Theme/css pages not updating
  • 2005/2/23 15:12

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

When you change template files like this, you need to update the module (Sys Admin-> modules -> click on the icon to the right of the module of which you changed the template code {the icon to click is the left one}).

HTH

luftikus143

Ahhh, yesssss, that's what I like.... Gush, I used this button once cause I was thinking of that. But it didn't had the effect it had now. Probably something else was wrong.

You are writing: if you do it like that.... Is there another way of changing the template?

Thanks a lot for the help!!!!

JasonMR
  • 2005/2/23 15:30

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

The "official" way is:

1) clone template set (sys admin -> template manager)
2) set cloned template set as default (sys admin -> preferences -> general settings)
3) go back to template manager
4) select template set that contains template to change
5) edit

Should also be mentioned in the FAQ somewhere.

Hope my explanation is of any value...

luftikus143

Ah, this is really cool. Thanks for that... Moving forwards in small steps...

In line with these questions - and sorry for asking more... (it'll be the last [for today]):

Is there a similar way to change and update the themes? I read the FAQ and another document about themes, and it was saying one has to change the System Admin --> Preferences --> General Settings --> Update module template .html files from themes ... directory --> YES".

But I have the impression that the CSS file is not being updated automatically after having done changes. I did the changes with BBedit, not inside admin area. Perhaps this is why?

JasonMR
  • 2005/2/23 22:54

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

Sorry, but down under it was night time....

For themes there is currently no similar way. The only cause of what you describe, could be (and most likely is) your browser caching the style sheets. So changes done by you wont show up, as instead of getting the latest version, your browser uses the old, outdated one.

HTH

davidthomas1

Thanks for the info!

I had a problem with theme changes not reflected in the site. I tried the other solutions (clear templates_c folder, set the pref setting to update theme files etc..) but it didn't work.

When I updated the module in Admin>Modules>Update the changes appeared and were beautiful!

I had some trouble getting the top info in WF-downloads to appear centered. The letter list and disk icons were off to the right - now it's peachy,

thank you!

P.S perhaps someone should update that Theme Update FAQ to include the module update solution.

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits