tzvook
solution for xdirectory blank contact page
  • 2004/6/15 13:19

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

If your UNIX server register_globals is off and you try to click on the Xdirectory "Email" button you get a blank page.
I spent today 2 hours to find out how can my local (XP pro box) comunicate with the "contact.php" and why my UNIX server does not ............
In the end the solution was so simple ( like always ) - it was simply a mattar of register_globals off

so to help you guys not spending 2 hours for nothing, the solution (at least my solution) is to use an .htaccess file in Xdirectory's root dir

one line of code should be in the file:
php_flag register_globals on

About the question if it's safe enough? ... enough for me
but I'll be happy to hear some opinions about it.

keep Xooping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

albania
Re: solution for xdirectory blank contact page
  • 2004/6/15 15:27

• albania

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/5 1

Hello tzvook
Did you solved the problem with List Links In Alphabetical Order???

Mithrandir

The XOOPS stance on register globals is that all parts of the system (incl. modules) should work with register globals off.

It is such a little task when programming, which grows so immensely afterwards that it really should be done from the start.

tzvook
  • 2004/6/15 18:50

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Yep Mithrandir, I know that. I use this register globals solution just to solve my imidiate problem for a site that I have to get online with.
I'll be heappy to hear from someone who solved it through the XOOPS mailer or whatever....
It's a bit hard to contact the module auther so...

albania, I almost solved the problem ( Riann solved it for me ), but it's not complete, still a bug @ the viewlist.php that needs to be solved, before I'll post it here.
(since my XOOPS is translated to Hebrew ... right-to-left + some hardcoded things) it'll take some time, but I'll try to post it soon.

albania
  • 2004/6/15 19:14

• albania

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/5 1

Thanks Tzvook
I will be waiting

tzvook
  • 2004/6/17 6:16

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

O.k
The Bug thing is over now, I'm trying to get all hebrew hardcoded things and to post it here (or to the auther first... to go over it)
one thing though, I use XOOPS search now, and I'm wondering if I can call it to search in a specific module, not by number (the number changes each XOOPS installation)

This is the code now:
<form name='search' id='search' action="<{$xoops_url}>/search.php" 
method="post" onsubmit="return xoopsFormValidate_search();">
<
input type='hidden' name='mids[]' value='30' />
<
input type='hidden' name='action' id='action' value='results' />
</
form>

is there another way of leading the search to a specific module ?

DobePhat
Re:solution for xdirectory blank contact page
  • 2004/11/7 18:52

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Tvzook,
Quote:
the solution (at least my solution) is to use an .htaccess file in Xdirectory's root dir

Im a bit embarassed but I don't get how to do your fix? could you send me a PM with details or post here? How do you enable the call to the script? where etc?

Thanks!

DobePhat
  • 2004/11/8 2:01

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

THe part that confuses me it the http referrer. what do you mean by that...you call the php scrip[t but at which point? do you add a line to the template? etc.

I'm sort of the in between person between two volunteer 'helpers' on our site and they are arguing about the best way: so Im trying to get a solution for this blank CONTACT page.

And having a hard time offering this suggestion,

Thanks for your help!

tzvook
  • 2004/11/11 22:33

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Hello DobePhat
The solution is envolved in "enabling" something in your PHP installation (more or less), but may be a security hazard for your server, so my solution is to enable the "register globals" just in the xdirectory root dir with the help of an .htaccess file (apach configuration file) with the line I mentioned above. this file is working just in the directory it's in and the directories under it, so I see it as a very small security hole if at all, which can be used just from your site members.
I'm not advising to do it, just saying it works great for me.

nmbsailorgal

I would like to properly fix this contact.php form. I have fixed it enough to actually display the form but not send the email.

Here is the bit of code:

$message .= "Message from $namep\ne-Mail: $post ".$meta['title']."\n$teles\n\n";
$message .= "$namep wrote:\n";
$message .= "$messtext\n\n\n";
$message .= "This message was sent by $namep using the e-Mail form on {X_SITENAME}. \n\n\n";

$subject = "Email Submission from {X_SITENAME}";
$mail =& getMailer();
$mail->useMail();
$mail->setFromEmail($post);
$mail->setToEmails($email);
$mail->setSubject($subject);
$mail->setBody($message);
$mail->send();
echo $mail->getErrors();

I am confused about whether to use $_GET or whatever for the $ variables. I am new to PHP programming, so please forgive my beginner question.

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits