Kainaij
Today's best Xoops Multi-user Blog software?
  • 2005/2/20 19:00

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

My Questions:

1) What is the best option available to me if I would like to add a Blogging section to my site?

2) On top of that I would like allow multiple users to blog to their own separate blogs. How can this best be done with Xoops?

3) Has XOOPS blogging modules evolved enough to accomodate what I ask?

4) Lastly, will PopnupBlog2 (Redwood city) do this?

mongrel
Re: Today's best Xoops Multi-user Blog software?
  • 2005/2/22 19:49

• mongrel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/15

I'm currently testing Popnup Blog (Redwood City) on my site, La Perla News. So far, it seems capable of doing what you need a bloggin module to do (which is what I needed also). See it in action there.

There are some issues I'm having with it, but nothing major. I'm going to try to compile a list of suggestions for the developer as soon as I'm done figuring the whole thing out. Good luck.

WallStArb
  • 2005/2/22 20:22

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

weBlog is the only real choice... although it needs a little tweakign out of the box to look better.

carnuke
  • 2005/2/22 21:08

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I can recommend Wordpress for xoops here on my site.

It will run multiusers and categories, comments, email posting etc and has some other good features.

Kainaij
  • 2005/2/23 2:04

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

Mongrel:

Took a peek at your site and wasn't able to discern where to find the Blog software. Thanks for the reply tho.

Carnuke:

I've seen your site before and like what you've done for blogging. One question, how heavily modified is Worpress on your site. It would be a bit more convenient for me now to have an out of the box working model. Your site has me leaning toward Wordpress, but....

Can someone give me another example of a working Popnup Blog (Redwood City), site? I will be basing my decision upon your further input.

Thanks.

kumzzy
  • 2005/2/23 2:58

• kumzzy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/9 4

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
I can recommend Wordpress for xoops here on my site.

It will run multiusers and categories, comments, email posting etc and has some other good features.

any know1 knows where to download the wordpress file? the main website down..

seth_sd
  • 2005/2/23 6:06

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

I agree with Carnuke.. you can download the version I run Here. I have it running on my site here. I beleive it's Wordpress version 1.2 but it has plenty of functionality and maybe there is an updated version somwhere?

Kainaij
  • 2005/2/23 7:11

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

Wordpress it is. I will post a link to my site as soon as it is implemented.

WallStArb
  • 2005/2/23 22:29

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

Wordpress is overly complicated and the inserting and uploading images doesnt work very well

mongrel
  • 2005/2/24 3:49

• mongrel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/15

***Updated 02-24-05***

My new position on WordPress is described here

Kainaij,

You said:

Quote:
Took a peek at your site and wasn't able to discern where to find the Blog software. Thanks for the reply tho.

This is true. I have only made usage of the Blogs available to registered members. Due to the nature of my site, it doesn't make sense to allow open access. Sorry that I didn't think about that when I replied to you.

I asked my registered users last night to try both WordPress and PopnupBLOG and let me know what they think of each. One user so far has replied and sided with WordPress. I think I'm leaning in that direction as far as which one I'll use.

I DO, however, like the bare-bones simplicity of PopnupBLOG. I think the WordPress team should recruit some people to try to come up with a help file, considering how many features it has. I'd also like to see the administration features of WordPress organized a little more intuitively. Of course, that it has so many adminstration options is a VERY good thing.

I believe that PopnupBLOG is viewable athttp://www.bluemooninc.biz/~xoops2/ if you are still interested in checking it out.

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits