Kovan
Group Permissoins
  • 2005/2/18 14:52

• Kovan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/5 1

Hey,

I did a search about this and didn't see anything. I also looked through some of the modules and didn't find anything as well.

What I want to know is there a way that I can create a group and give permissions for forums by the group? I know I can allow or deny access to the forums as a whole but I want to do it based on the forum.

For instance, I created a group for guild members. I want to give them access to guild only forums. All I see under the forum is the ability to give access based on Anon, Registered, and Admins. Is there a way that I can give access the the guild group that I created? Without having to do it for every single member?

Thanks,

Kansas

jdseymour
Re: Group Permissoins

You would need to create a new group called Guild Members (or whatever you want) remove the permission from the registered users group and add the needed permission to the Guild Members group.

So all the members will still be members of the registered user groups with default settings, and members of the Guild members group (keep them also as registered members for default rights) will have extra permissions assigned through that group.

Hope I am clear, still early here. lol.

HTH.

Kovan
  • 2005/2/18 15:20

• Kovan

• Just popping in

I think I understand what you are saying. Here is the problem when I make a private forum and I want to give access to it for a group it only gives me Anon., Registered, and Admin. groups as my choices but I have created another group called Guild Members but that group doesn't show up in the Private forum group access as one of my choices.

When I created the Guild Members group I gave them permissions to different modules and blocks like it lets you but I didn't see where I could give access to the individual forums only to the forums module as a whole.

That make sense?

Thanks for your help.

Kansas

jdseymour

Are you using Newbb 2 all my groups show up, even my 3 custom groups.

Kovan
  • 2005/2/19 2:00

• Kovan

• Just popping in

I am using whatever comes with XOOPS 2.0.9.2 I don't see my groups in the list. Is there something that I need to do?

Also I want to make the topics flat is there a way to set it to default flat without having to click the "Flat" link?

Thanks again for all your help.

Kansas

Kovan
  • 2005/2/19 2:03

• Kovan

• Just popping in

Ok I just read the info where I downloaded XOOPS and it says:

Note to users using the newbb2.0 module
Do not upload the folders and files under /modules/newbb to your server. The files included in this package are not for the newbb 2.0. Please wait for the updated package to be released from the newbb2 project developers.

So do I have to wait until a newbb2 package comes out? Is there something that will allow me to do this now?

Kansas

jdseymour

You don't have to wait, newbb 2.0.2 can be found Here.

Kovan
  • 2005/2/19 2:25

• Kovan

• Just popping in

Thanks I appreciate your help. I just downloaded it and going to install it now.

Kansas

jdseymour

Read all documentation and readme's included.

Kovan
  • 2005/2/19 2:44

• Kovan

• Just popping in

Ok I just upgraded and now the forum is not working. LOL. Just my luck. The website is here. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks,

Kansas

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits