hrmn8r
Index File error (I think)
  • 2005/2/16 18:56

• hrmn8r

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/3 1

Man, this has been a long day.

I tried to make some minor modifications to my index.php page this morning. I saved backup copies while doing so.

After making the change and ftp'ing the file back on to my server I am no longer able to be logged in on my homepage. When I login I get the notice that says 'Thanks for logging in (username) but it returns me to the home page. If I click any of the modules I am logged in, I can shout under my username and I can access the admin pages (reaching them through any other page) but am not logged in on my homepage alone. I have emptied my cache and cookies. Cookies are enabled. I am not behind a firewall.

When I ftp's the file back to my server it was saved as index.php.htm I am assuming somehow when I was modifying it it was converted to htm format and perhaps this is the error. Any suggestions on how I might fix this? Renaming the file index.php does not work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have read a lot of info on this site this morning (and with some help corrected a related problem) but am at a loss as to what to do from here.

Thanks!
-H

hrmn8r
Re: Index File error (I think)
  • 2005/2/16 18:57

• hrmn8r

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/3 1

Sorry, one more thing . . . when I upload my backup copies I have the same problem.

m0nty
Re: Index File error (I think)
  • 2005/2/16 19:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

maybe you should read the documentation and FAQ section on this site before attempting to try and change your sites looks by editing index.php because that's totally the wrong file to edit..

theme.html and style.css are the files you need to edit, located in the themes folder.. these control looks and presentation..

without anymore info from you regarding what you were actually trying to do with index.php it's hard to figure out your problem..

Login

Who's Online

486 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 486

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits