evylrat
Resize photos in XCGAL
  • 2005/2/8 20:40

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/25

I'm moving my site to a professional host now, but going through the photo albums I've got some rather large pictures. Does anyone know a way to resize the photos and have the database updated correctly? I've done a few manually, resizing and editing the database for the dimensions and filesize. But there are many more photos, in fact I may remove the full size images all together.

Help!

evylrat
Re: Resize photos in XCGAL
  • 2005/2/10 15:50

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/25

Bump!

There must be a hack to refresh the database with the images it finds.

For example. I've got a 1280x1024 image in the database. It'd be great to be able to resize this rather that remove it and upload it again at the smaller size.

kerrysl
Re: Resize photos in XCGAL
  • 2005/2/16 7:08

• kerrysl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/9 6

I had a look at my database on this and it would appear that the database only contains data about the image, and not the image itself.

It should therefore not be too difficult for a PHP script to be written that read each file in a directory, gets the image dimensions and filesize attributes and writes that to the database. It is certainly within the realms of doable.

The trickiest part would be matching the file with the right one in the database, but if the filenames are unchanged then this would not be too hard.

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits