animas
Wiki and Blog
  • 2005/2/8 14:48

• animas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/30

There are Wiki CMS, there are Blog CMS. How are they different?

WarDick
Re: Wiki and Blog
  • 2005/2/8 15:20

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Wiki's are tools for a group of authors to collaborate on a document. They are great for tracking changes in a document and document recovery.

Blog's are generally used by only one author they are a log of time vs entry. Much like a pilots or truck drivers log book. I use one to remember changes I have made to an XOOPS installation.

They are distinctively different,

JasonMR
Re: Wiki and Blog
  • 2005/2/16 3:44

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Nice and brief WarDick!

May I add...wiki's have a special and easy way of creating links, which blogs lack. Though, having written this, many systems have started to "copy" this "feature" of wiki's.

The keyword is CamelCase, used to create links on the fly, without having to specify the actuall link (just indicating the page, using its name).

With software it is kind of like....hmmm, let's take my favorite example: the hammer

Basicly the hammer can be employed in a variety of situations, which can actually not be clearly defined, as their usage capacity exceeds the imagination.

Now we do have special names for hammers, which are suppose to be used in special circumstances. For example we have a mallet, sometimes also refered to as "soft face hammer".

We're am I going with this? Your hammer in software is a CMS. Your blog/wiki is a mallet, ball-pain, etc...

A blog is an online dictionary.
A wiki is an online notebook.

Hope you find WarDicks and my explanations to have sheed some light, into the thicket of IT marketing terminology.

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits