digitalalias
Module Access Rights Not Sharing

Hi,

I want to simply give admin rights to certain modules via a group. I CHECKED the box for Registered Users, but the "Administration Menu" doesn't show up for registered users?

Is there a preference that I'm missing?

beerMe
Re: Module Access Rights Not Sharing
  • 2005/2/15 17:09

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/13

You will have to hack the theme.html file. By default, the theme only displays the admin menu to people with webmaster status. So, simply change from <{if $xoops_isadmin}> to <{if $xoops_isuser}> and the admin menu will show up for all registered users, including webmasters.

Mithrandir

No, that's not what he is asking, beerMe

@digitalalias: The "Administration Menu" Link only shows up in the modules where the user is admin.

beerMe
  • 2005/2/15 17:33

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/13

Ahh, yes. Once again, I learn something from Mithrandir. I have never noticed that the admin menu will automatically appear for a particular module.

Mithrandir

You may experience problems with actually accessing parts of the module administration area until you give the privileged usergroup at least one system admin preference (I usually give them "find users" as they cannot do much harm with that)

digitalalias

Thanks alot guys, giving the users system access to something insignificant did the job.

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits