bradburn
Installing Xoops on server
  • 2005/2/15 9:40

• bradburn

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/26

Hi there you helpful lot,

I am close to finishing my site and it will be soon time to pass it to our IT guy. He assures me all i need to do it send him the files from XOOPS and he can install it on the server.

Surely it cant be this easy? what folder contains all my site information that I would have to send him? (I am currently using XSAS to create my site)

Thanks

Rob

karedokx
Re: Installing Xoops on server
  • 2005/2/15 9:50

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

if it will be a new site, the XOOPS files (covering the core apps, modules, and templates) are the only files you need to send.

you still need to fill in the content though after that (creating the custom blocks (if you create one), etc.

bradburn
  • 2005/2/15 9:52

• bradburn

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/26

I was kind of hoping I could send the site (including template / theme / personalised content) straight over to be put on the site,

is this not possible or will I have to recreate the whole site, just to stick it on the network?

Cheers,

Rob

carnuke
  • 2005/2/15 10:10

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

bradburn, remember that all the data and settings for the site is kept in the database, not the static files.

It's the database that needs to be exported as well as the files, any moules and themes etc.

If you are on a shared network, then maybe this database is already accessible by your network IT, in which case all you need to export is the files.

There are some FAQs about 'how do I move my website'

karedokx
  • 2005/2/15 10:14

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

you're trying to migrate the development database too to the production? hmm, never had an experience on that..

i guess you can achieve that to some extend, but not that simple... a more senior xoopster should be the one who can answer you on this one..

there is a backup module in the module repository, not sure if we can just simply backup and restore in the prod server?

sorry.

Mithrandir

Login

Who's Online

459 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 459

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits