bunglehaze
Integrating phpbb with xoops
  • 2005/2/15 0:04

• bunglehaze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/10

Hi folks,

I am a little unimpressed with the XOOPS forums in the module section and am hoping for a more feature rich bb to use - something like invision or phpbb.

Have any of you used it, how do I integrate it etc. I havetried the obvious (upload to modules) and it has not worked.

please helps

cheers

leigh

m0nty
Re: Integrating phpbb with xoops
  • 2005/2/15 0:35

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

u should use the search function on this site..

there you'd find info relating to invision and phpbb..

http://www.bbpixel.com for invision and ipb modules..

Peekay
  • 2005/2/15 0:37

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

The forum used here on Xoops.org (NewBB 2) is available for download from the development site at dev.xoops.org

Don't ask me why it isn't listed under discussion boards in the module repository. I already asked.

There were at one time two ports of phpBB for Xoops. One module, called xphpBBi, appears to be 'on hold' . The other, called x-phpBB is available from here:

http://www.bbpixel.com

Unlike most XOOPS modules, this module does not come with a point and click installer and it requires some over-writing of XOOPS core files. However, instructions are available and AFAIK it works fine.

You'll find the bbpixel site also offer an IPB module for Xoops. This also requires a little work to install, but it is maintained by a XOOPS member. You can get support for it on this site in the module usage or troubleshooting forums.

Hope this helps.

Peekay
  • 2005/2/15 0:40

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Hey m0nty! I keep being polite about xphpBBi, any idea what's happening with that?

Login

Who's Online

526 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 526

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits