DavidPook
Edit blocks error
  • 2005/2/14 22:00

• DavidPook

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/8 2

Is this me or is it a bug ?

I would like to edit the HTML of an item in Blocks....When I click on Edit.... I am taken to the option where i can see the HTML and make changes accordingly..... HOWEVER..... the only option i have is to VIEW....not SAVE.

How can i save any changes i make to the html ??... I dont understand....sorry if this sounds completely stupid and I am doing something majorly wrong but programming isnt my forte and I have only had XOOPS installed for 4 days.... i have some other questions which i posted in the Q & A section but they have gone unanswered....... Not a good start for me, as it appears that there is no support when you/I desperately need it (yes....my life does depend on it) !!!!

Thanks for any help or advice given in advance

Mithrandir
Re: Edit blocks error

The HTML of most blocks is controlled by a "template" that is stored in the database. To ensure that you cannot mess up things totally and have no way to roll back, the system has the "default template set" which is not possible to edit.

If you want to edit the template for blocks or module pages, you will first need to clone the template set in System Admin -> Templates and then set this new template set to be the one used - this is done in System Admin -> Preferences -> General Settings.

After these steps, you will be able to edit the block template from "edit block"

Login

Who's Online

260 user(s) are online (187 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 260

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits