corne
forum group access
  • 2005/2/11 14:31

• corne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/12

Hi,

I have installed xoops, with the standard forum. Is it possible to give specific groups access to specific topics?

I have for example a category GIRLS, all the forums in this categorie must be only accesible by users in the group girls..

Also is it possible that when someone signs up, they are automaticly added to a specific group depending on there gender?
(When someone signsup he must give a gender, when it's a male, than add to group male, when it's a girl add to the group girls)

Is this all possible?? And if so how can I do it??

hyperpod
Re: forum group access
  • 2005/2/11 14:39

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

good question.

The default XOOPS install will not support this, although is is certainly possible to add some custom code for this.

You would need to add a male/female radio selection to the register.php form/app.

Then when user is added/verified, just add them to the appropriate custom group, with some custom code.

Cheers,

corne
  • 2005/2/11 14:48

• corne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/12

And the rights in the forum?? so far I've only found an option to add specific users, not groups...

DonXoop

Newbb1 doesn't have the group access options, only user. There is a hack floating around that does this. I've used it and it worked very well. "Private forum hack". Not for complete newbies though, involves some hacks.

Newbb2 on the other hand has the group access options. You could upgrade newbb1 to newbb2 and get those access rights options.

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits