karedokx
NewBB can't work together with bbpixel x-phpbb
  • 2005/2/9 14:13

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

i found that if i installed and activate newbb 2.0.2, my bbpixel's phpbb crashes, with the following php debug error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare make_jumpbox() (previously declared in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\html\modules\pbboard\includes\functions.php:120) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\html\modules\newbb\include\functions.php on line 586
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: 1 in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\html\modules\pbboard\includes\auth.php line 300
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: 2 in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\html\modules\pbboard\includes\auth.php line 300
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: 3 in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\html\modules\pbboard\includes\auth.php line 300

please help. thanks.
note: got the same error message either in XOOPS 2.0.7 or 2.0.9.2.

m0nty
Re: NewBB can
  • 2005/2/9 14:23

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

ignore the notices, they not the cause of the problem..

the Fatal error is the one that's causing it, and it looks like some functions are named the same in both modules.. it should be possible to rename them, but would probably require changing lots of files in whichever module as they would all need to be changed where that name is used..

newbb would probably be the quickest to change as there's less files than phpbb.. but i don't think there's a quick solution other than not using them both at the same time.. (of course i'm not a coder, so i could be wrong.. but that's what i'm presuming the error message means)

Jan304
  • 2005/2/9 14:41

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

The problem is that both modules have named a function the same way...

Open all files of newbb (preferable doing this automatic) and do a heavy search and replace in those files: make_jumpbox to make_jumpbox_newbb.

Should solve the problem.

karedokx
  • 2005/2/10 2:57

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

i'll give it a try. thanks!

can newbb team rename the newbb's function name in later version so those two modules are not conflicting?

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits