dickinsd
How do I change my user registration?
  • 2005/2/4 17:43

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Hello.

I have been using XOOPS for a little time now, and so far I like it, (although I would like to speed my site up a bit.)

I want to build a new site, and after looking around, XOOPS looks as though its going to be the best for me (primarily because I can't bothered figuring out how to do something on a different CMS)

The new site will have a member signup, but this time I want to grab more information from the members.

So to the question, is there a hack or module that will replace the existing user registration, or do I need to modify it myself?

If I do need to modify it myself, can you give me some help figuring it out?

I want to grab probably the following info

house number/name
street
town/city
post code/zip code

telephone number
mobile number

I may want to look at making some of the fields into mandatory fields, would you know how to do this as well?

Thank you

Dave

dickinsd
Re: How do I change my user registration?
  • 2005/2/17 17:15

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

Any ideas at all?

Anyway, for now the new site is in testing, and so far I am pretty happy with it, I tried using multimenu before, but never really got very far, this feature combined with tiny content is allows you to make custom pages and custom navigation menus very easily, I am now looking at adding this feature to my other site, as the articles module I am using there is starting to get a little harder to manage now, as the articles I am using are becoming less linear, I think multimenu and tinycontent will be real useful there.

Anyway, back to my post, anyone got any tips on creating the extra fields I need, or what php files I need to edit.

I mean I can easily add fields to my database, that isn't a problem, and I guess I can look for the page that is called during registration, and I should think that with out 'too' much hastle I can just hack itup a bit to add the extra fields, but what about calling the info?

For example in the user profile, how would I add the extra info?

How would I make the extra info available only to the user them selves and the webmaster of the site?

I am surprised no one else has wanted to store this sort of information?

Thanks for any help

Dave

luciano
  • 2005/2/17 17:53

• luciano

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/3

This tutorial seems to work fine:

http://claude.felix.chez.tiscali.fr/tuto/hack_form_inscr_bil.htm

BTW there are already some posts about this. Another great feature of xoops: the "search" function

dickinsd
  • 2005/2/17 18:34

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

Thank you.

perhaps I was missing something, but I did not find anything relevent when I did the search back when I first posted the question.

Thank you for the link

Dave

Login

Who's Online

479 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 479

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits