RazzleCat
No login on fresh XOOPS 2.0.7 install
  • 2004/12/21 12:21

• RazzleCat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/21

Hi all,

I have completed a successful installation of Zoops 2.0.7, but am now faced with a blank page with the Zoops header and footer but nothing else. i.e. no way to even logging in. Opening admin.php gives an access error are redirects to index.php. user.php is also "blank"

This seems to be quite a common problem, but after hours of trying different suggestions from the forum, I'm no closer to solving the problem.

Below are the steps I've tried so far to resolve this.

1. Turned on debugging:
-Editing common.php from "error_reporting(0);" to "error_reporting(E_ALL);"
-Created .htaccess with line "php_flag display_errors on". Placed in xxx/XOOP_URL/

Note that no debugging info comes up on user.php or index.php though.

2. Change default template.

3. Recopied across all files in case they were corrupted

4. Ensured PHP register_globals=on

5. Ensured cache, uploads, templates_c directories are CHMOD 777 and mainfile.php is CHMOD 444

6. Checked correct database name/password etc info.

Apache 1.3.31
PHP 4.3.9
MySQL Client API version 3.23.49
On a hosted server.

Any further suggestions on a fix would be much appreciated!

-Raz

RazzleCat
Re: No login on fresh XOOPS 2.0.7 install
  • 2004/12/22 4:36

• RazzleCat

• Just popping in

OK. I enabled debugging on MySQL also and now get the follow error when accessing user.php.

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_userform.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042

Does this suggest some sort of database access error???

m0nty
  • 2004/12/22 4:43

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

no what this means is it can't find the file it's looking for..

check your templates_c folder as that's where the file: db:system_userform.html should be written..

if that folder is empty then there's something wrong.. either recheck it's permissions and chmod again, or there maybe another problem.. but from that 1 line suggests a permission problem..

RazzleCat
  • 2004/12/22 4:55

• RazzleCat

• Just popping in

Thanks for the quick reply m0nty.

I have 2 files in templates_c: default^theme.html and index.html.

Both files are CHMOD 644. The folder is CHMOD 777.

When is system_userfrom.html added to templates_c. Can it be manually added?

Thanks for your help.

m0nty
  • 2004/12/22 5:14

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

it should be compiled and written to templates_c the 1st time you ever view the page.. unfortunately in your case you aren't getting the page so it can't be compiled..

it seems strange.. i don't think it's the reason, but i'm not sure abt the version of MySQL ur using.. the php needs updating too, which i'd contact ur host about as there's a major security vulnerability in 4.3.9

i can't replicate your problem.. and it is very strange cos i've installed XOOPS 2.0.7.3 & 2.0.9 beta on at least 6 different servers this week for people etc.. all different server specs and configs.. and the installation has completed without errors.. and the sites worked straight away.

also i installed 2.0.9 onto a apache 2.0.52, php 4.3.10, MySQL 4.1.7 linux server today which is the server i use for testing stuff on, and that went without problems too..

same as when i installed it on my home pc usin win xp sp2, apache 2.0.52, php 4.3.9, sql 4.1.7 (xoops 2.0.7.3) no problems at all..

it would be nice if i could replicate your problems myself but for sum reason i've never really had a problem installing etc.. sure i get blank pages in modules etc, but never had any from initial install.

as it's xmas and i've just decided i aint workin or goin to college anymore this year lol, i have got more time on my hands at mo.. so i would be willing to take a look and try and install it for you from scratch and see if same problem occurs, not sayin u have done anythin wrong at all,but a 2nd persons perspective might spot somethin a miss.. of course i would need access to ftp etc if you want to give it a try. let me know.. it can't hurt to try.

andyhull
  • 2004/12/22 14:26

• andyhull

• Just popping in

For what its worth, the same problem hosted on XP was down to perms, make sure whichever user is serving up the pages has write access to the files in the XOOPS folder(s).

Since I'm no expert, you might like to back everything up before you start messing with the perms willy nilly....

RazzleCat
  • 2004/12/27 11:40

• RazzleCat

• Just popping in

Well... m0nty kindly offered to help me out and reinstalled XOOPS for me. I'm not sure what he did differently but it works now - thanks m0nty!

iclaudius
  • 2005/2/2 19:56

• iclaudius

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 1

I'm having the exact same problem after installing XOOPS 2.0.9.2 with blank content areas and a similar error on the user.php page. Likewise, the templates_c folder has only the index.php file in it.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits