trenskow
WebmailFX and existing email accounts
  • 2005/1/30 19:34

• trenskow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/30

Hi there all
I have just discovered XOOPS today, and i love it.
I have a few quistions.
The server i am installing in on, is also the mailserver for the whole family, and i would like to know, if webmailFX can be used with the existing accounts that already are on the server, so that my family can use it for checking their mail?

My second question is, how do i get additional links on the left, besides the installed modules?
I have some webpages, i would like to have shown within XOOPS.

Rasmus

flyingtux
Re: WebmailFX and existing email accounts
  • 2005/2/1 15:24

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/6 1

Concerning webmailfx the answer is yes.
Its main purpose is to be a webmail client for xoops.
Bye,
ft
The WebMailFX Team

trenskow
  • 2005/2/5 15:16

• trenskow

• Just popping in

Quote:

flyingtux wrote:
Bye,
ft
The WebMailFX Team

Hi and thanks for the reply.
I have now installed it, but is there somewhere i can see how to set it up correct. All my attemps have failed so far to get it to work.

trenskow
  • 2005/2/8 0:36

• trenskow

• Just popping in

My problem is this.
In setting in WebmailFX, i can either create an account, when i type my username there, i get a error.
But when i fill out the forms below, to set it up for an existing account, then nothing happens, it clears the fields, and its not added to webmailFX

CheChen
  • 2005/3/16 15:13

• CheChen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/7 1

I have the same problem.
Did you solve it trenskow?

trenskow
  • 2005/3/16 16:44

• trenskow

• Just popping in

nope, but i dont think webmailfx can be used on a windows server. After been reading everywhere i could find something about webmailfx, it seems like its only for linux.
I just wished that they would write that on the download page

RachelVirago

I tried it on linux, no joy, locked my interface up but good. probably my fault, I'm a newbie, might try it again if I find time.

flyingtux
  • 2005/3/16 18:51

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/6 1

The module has been developed based on a "standard" XOOPS installation on a "standard" LAMP architecture.
We basically run Apache-MySQL-PHP as testing platform, both locally (on our own machines) and remotely (on our websites hosted by different companies in different countries).
On the local side, we have of course the possibility to customize as much as possible the platform and do a lot of testing. On the remote one, I personally have just a basic webspace (not a dedicated server) which has restrictions decided by admins. I could not decide to keep register_globals "On" or "Off", for instance.
Concerning MS Windows platform: I don't have the possibility to test the module on that environment. I don't use MS Windows . When somebody wants to test it on such a platform, we're open to look at results and see if the module itself needs modifications for working well on both platforms.
Finally, there's a thing to consider: it seems to us that the module is usually appreciated by users. There have been people reporting bugs, making suggestions, etc... We really thank all of them! But, you know: from the very beginning, there have been just 2 people working actively on the project, me and kaotik. And if you consider that the biggest part of coding have been made by this great guy (kaotik itself) you realize that for doing new things and fixing existing troubles we need active support. We're trying to get that, but it's not so easy...
Bye,
ft
The WebMailFX Team

yongzhang
  • 2005/3/17 17:26

• yongzhang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/12

Quote:

flyingtux wrote:
Bye,
ft
The WebMailFX Team

yongzhang
Sorry to post here my questions
  • 2005/3/17 22:06

• yongzhang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/12

I just did not know how to make a post and have posted my questions in this wrong place.

zhang

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits