solo71
[EDITO] Editio 2.3 version for test
  • 2005/1/31 16:35

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Yet, another module for test !

Please download Edito 2.3 and let me know about it (bugs, comments, etc.)

Quote:
Description
Edito is a powerful but easy to use content manager, which allows you to create as much as you want pages with hml and BBcodes, or simple texte.

Functions
- Xoops text edito
- Pictures uploader
- Index page
- Logo, title
- Ranking (date, alphabet, popularity,…)
- Up to 4 different blocks with multiple possibilities (see above)
- Default text
- Default and restricted configuration
- Group access management

Settings
There are many way to use edito. Almost each and every things you see in this module can be changed easily, for each edito, or generally with module settings. The admin can define general settings for each edito, or let each edito being settled up…
- show picture
- show title
- show block’s content or not
- show link in navigation blocks
- (Edito 2.3) Possibility to display icons about popularity or for recent editos.

In the general setting, you can define many things :
- default index text
- directories for picture upload
- date format
- pictures size
- index order
- default text for new editos
- possible extended options for each editos…

Blocks
There are 4 available multipurpose blocks with edito. Each and everyone of them can have various functions :
- show latest edito
- show most popular
- show randomly
- show linked edito (block content depends on the edito you are on)
- show a particular edito

The navigation block allows to show online edito in a different block.

Navigation
You can reach any edito through various way :
- index page (with or without picture)
- main menu sublinks
- navigation block (with or withouth pictures)

Administration
You can easily administrate your editos through the general admin page, or directly with direct edition button. You will be able to switch easily between administration and visualisation.

Wysiwyg (Edito 2.3)
You now have the possibility to edit your content with the Koivi editor.

Comments (Edito 2.3)
User have the possibility to post comments on editos.

Meta Generator (Edito 2.3) - Many thanks to Marcan for this !
In this version you have the possibility to define the meta tags on each and every pages generated by edito in two different manner :
1) In the module settings, you can define your own meta.

2) Meta tags are automatically generated by the module starting from your edito's content.

EDIT : Sorry for the multiple posting. Please delet the other ones...

solo71
Re: [EDITO] Editio 2.3 version for test
  • 2005/1/31 20:02

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

*bumpytiboo*

twitaman
  • 2005/1/31 20:18

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

Um, what is this? There isn't a lot of information on it. Is this a content module like say, News or AMS or WF-Section? Do you install it the normal way? I notice there's a Class folder containing a wysiwyg folder -- do you have to upload that too?

carnuke
  • 2005/1/31 20:55

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Solo71, this is exciting news !! I discovered the edito module one day last month and Im now running it on the front page of my site. It has so many r-e-a-l-l-y useful features, especially the rotating blocks content.

The metatag idea sounds very interesting indeed, especially as I use this module to feature my top stories.

Question, is it stable for an update on a live site yet?

No problems otherwise, Ill use my test site, but the metatag feature cant be tested for effectiveness, till I use it live.

Thanks for improving an already excellent module

Richard

twitaman
  • 2005/1/31 21:11

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

Would it be possible to see this module demonstrated anywhere on a site? If someone is using it, please provide a link to it in action -- I know a lot of people would like to see what it looks like when used.

WarDick
  • 2005/1/31 21:17

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Hi Solo71,

I have been using the previous release of edito. When I updated the module all I get is a blank page when I go to create edito. It generates no debug information from any of the 3 debug modes. I installed the module on a fresh 9.2 no other modules install except for edito. I get the same results no output, no debug information and no entries in the apache error log.

The new features sound great I am sure it must be an installation error on my part but I can not seem to find it. Can you offer any guidance?

twitaman
  • 2005/1/31 21:27

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

Yes, some basic instructions on how to install this would be nice.

Quote:

WarDick wrote:
Hi Solo71,

I have been using the previous release of edito. When I updated the module all I get is a blank page when I go to create edito. It generates no debug information from any of the 3 debug modes. I installed the module on a fresh 9.2 no other modules install except for edito. I get the same results no output, no debug information and no entries in the apache error log.

The new features sound great I am sure it must be an installation error on my part but I can not seem to find it. Can you offer any guidance?

carnuke
  • 2005/1/31 21:56

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I made a clean install on 9.2 and it goes in fine. Havn't tried an update yet. I have also corrected some admin pages typos in language files for 'english' Too many to mention here, but I'll post the files to solo71 to update.

Your right about the requirement for a user guide, there are some cool features here, but they are too well disguised in the settings.

WarDick
  • 2005/1/31 22:07

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
I made a clean install on 9.2 and it goes in fine. Havn't tried an update yet. I have also corrected some admin pages typos in language files for 'english' Too many to mention here, but I'll post the files to solo71 to update.

Your right about the requirement for a user guide, there are some cool features here, but they are too well disguised in the settings.

Yes the install is ok! But you did not mention the creation of an edito. Does that part work?

LazyBadger

Quote:

twitaman wrote:
Um, what is this? There isn't a lot of information on it.

Basic content management module
Quote:

Is this a content module like say, News or AMS or WF-Section?
Not a news class, but smth near Sections, WF-Channel, SmartSections...
Quote:

Do you install it the normal way?
Yes
Quote:

I notice there's a Class folder containing a wysiwyg folder -- do you have to upload that too?

Yes, it's additional WYSIWYG-editor, which can be used instead default XOOPS-editor

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits