solo71
[MULTIMENU] Test the multiMenu 1.6
  • 2005/1/30 17:08

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Here is the latest multiMenu 1.6 version.

This new version is propose various enhancement, behing some little bug correction, majors changes are as following:

- templates recoded to make personnalisation easier.

- now the multiMenu includes an main index page and 5 sub-pages where all the multiMenu links are listed. This way you can use the multiMenu as a sitemap, for instance.

- possibility to show a definable number of random links in blocks.

- 5th multiMenu dedicated to XOOPS admin links, visible for admins only.

Please test this new version and let me know about bugs. Help is required for various languages translation and will be added to the definitive release.

Enjoy!

LazyBadger
Re: [MULTIMENU] Test the multiMenu 1.6

Good - dynamic sublinks fixed (in beta they became permanent on save)
Partially bad - my old menus with content shown now as empty (only block titles)

solo71
  • 2005/1/30 19:13

• solo71

• Module Developer

What happen if you edit and save one of those "old" menu ?

LazyBadger

Nothing... Still unvisible... And even worse - on second host (same update from beta) - all shown and works, on problem host reinstall changed nothing...
Do you want catch (possibly) bug in module (but it can be my hans also...)? I'll give you module admin's rights, if you are interested
http://modules.xoops2.ru, multiMenu 01

LazyBadger

Must add
Problem appeared only with multimenu01 with any content, all other work as expected.
Must I see at template?!

solo71
  • 2005/1/31 9:03

• solo71

• Module Developer

It's weird...

I suppose you made an update of the module ?

I changed the templates on this version, maybe is it why. Have you checked on php and theme debug mode ?

LazyBadger

Quote:
It's weird...
I know
Quote:
I suppose you made an update of the module ?
Sure, yes! On both sites. On Proving Ground I even made reinstall module (BTW, your update from beta didn't add mutimenu05 table - I found it, when uninstall coudn't drop table)
Quote:
I changed the templates on this version, maybe is it why. Have you checked on php and theme debug mode ?
All templates was re-generated from scratch, template for menu01 identical to others. No, I didn't try PHP or Smarty debug yet. Can't imagine, why after update on one site menu01 works, and on second - no.
They (sites) both live on same phisical host, on Modules site all menus are Standard menu, on E-city used menu01 - "Fixed images" type

solo71
  • 2005/1/31 10:35

• solo71

• Module Developer

Hmmm...

I have reinstalled the version I propose here, and everything is ok.

I have uninstalled everything and each and every table is dropped (even the 5th).

I think you much have mixed the versions (the 5th table problem occured with a previous version).

Could you please redownload, reup and reinstalle the above version? Maybe the file transfer got a problem.

LazyBadger

Quote:

I have reinstalled the version I propose here, and everything is ok.

Yes, it will appear on fresh install. But in you'll follow my way (1.5 - 1.6 beta - 1.6 current) 05 table will be missing... Tested on E-City base (untouched by reinstall, as was done w/Proving Ground)... Just for note - it's smallest problem in update procedure

solo71
  • 2005/1/31 11:44

• solo71

• Module Developer

Oki doki. I'll have to prepare a script about that.

Thanks for your help !

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits