xoopie
XF Guestbook
  • 2005/1/30 2:46

• xoopie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/16

I've just installed the XF Guestbook module and it looks good.

The only problem is I've disabled email addresses being required when someone posts a message, but it still needs a valid email address before the message can be posted successfully

Also I would like to delete the field of message title completely, what would I need to delete in which file to do that ?

Thanks.

theCat
Re: XF Guestbook
  • 2005/1/30 10:04

• theCat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/2 2

Quote:
The only problem is I've disabled email addresses being required when someone posts a message, but it still needs a valid email address before the message can be posted successfully

a bug
In sign.php after case "preview" and case "post" change this line
if (!checkEmail($email) ) $msgstop .= _MD_XFGB_INVALIDMAIL.'<br />';

with
if ($option['opt_mail'] && !checkEmail($email) ) $msgstop .= _MD_XFGB_INVALIDMAIL.'<br />';

v2.22 available here

karedokx
  • 2005/1/30 11:49

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

i'm glad you are still improving the module cats.

i've upgraded to your newest version, and found 2 things no working:
1) i lost all my previous guestbook records (i am upgrading from version 2.1 to 2.2). i found out it is caused by the upgrade script is hardcoded as follow:
ALTER TABLE `xoops_xfguestbook` RENAME `xoops_xfguestbook_msg`;
ALTER TABLE `xoops_xfguestbook_msg` CHANGE `xfguestbook_id` `msg_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
ALTER TABLE `xoops_xfguestbook_msg` ADD `photo` VARCHAR(25) default NULL;

my XOOPS tables have been changed to not using xoops_ as the prefix (as suggested by the gijoe on security issue, so i have changed it). note: i'm really worried actually by changing the prefix name, will i have the similar issue later for any upgrade on other modules...

2) on the 'newest guestbook' block, i need to change:
<a href ="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/xfguestbook/index.php"><{$smarty.const._MI_XFGB_BNAME1}></a>

to

<a href ="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/xfguestbook/index.php"><{$smarty.const._MB_XFGB_GOTOGB}></a>

to make it work. as the available const in that block is _MB_XFGB_GOTOGB as you specified in the blocks.php.

Mithrandir

Quote:
note: i'm really worried actually by changing the prefix name, will i have the similar issue later for any upgrade on other modules...

You shouldn't. No module developer should ever rely on a fixed prefix - that's the whole idea of having it in the first place.

However, I also tend to forget to remove the prefix, when making a SQL dump from phpMyAdmin.

elevator
  • 2005/2/2 4:25

• elevator

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/24

I have a real hard time getting view permissions for Anonymouse users on the XF Guestbook module. I have set the radio button to allow Anonymous users to sign, but when I try to access the module as an anonymous user I get the message "You do not have permission to access this module". What am I doing wrong?

Elev.

karedokx
  • 2005/2/2 6:13

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

you need to also grant the access privilege to the anonymous users through the edit group function in system admin (system -> groups; and grant the access to anonymous for the xfguestbook).

xoopie
  • 2005/2/10 3:27

• xoopie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/16

Thanks for your help theCat

Is there any way to have the message title field as optional in the same way the email field is optional ?

TIA

tzvook
  • 2005/2/13 21:12

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hi All
I have a problem with the module: I'm using a wysiwyg for the whole site, all is great, but in XF Guestbook , the html of the wysiwyg is showing at the massages:

<p><font style="background-color: #33cc00">my texts here ....</fonttext .......<br /><br /><strong><u>Tzvook</u></strong><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></p><p>&nbsp;</p>

I looked @ the code, but didn't recognise the cause of this

Is there any way of Enabling Html in massages ?

Christien
  • 2005/4/18 5:48

• Christien

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/15

I want to update xf guestbook v2.21 to v2.22 but i don't known how to do this? How about my old records?

Christien
  • 2005/4/18 11:04

• Christien

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/15

I solved it by myself.

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits