astaldaran
Theories on preventing article "stealing"
  • 2005/1/29 23:44

• astaldaran

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/9 1

I run www.redemptionmagazine.com and we have free and premium memberships. I want all of the articles to be available to free accounts for liek the first week but than after that only available to the premium accounts (jsut like newspapers do it) so I need a way to prevent people from copying the articles becauase if they did than that would be one less reason to get premium membership.

I am currently using wf-articles so it would be nice if I could jsut mopdify that but I doubt that is a possiblity.

Well any ideas?

carnuke
Re: Theories on preventing article "stealing"
  • 2005/1/29 23:52

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

The straight forward answer is you just cant do it!

Whatever you do, a determined user with only basic browser skills can get the content off the page.

Anti-Right clicks, just don't work, people just save the page. pdf formats is the best protection I know, but people can still save ther page and transcribe the text.

I have seen very nifty encryption scripts that prevent material being downloaded or scrambled, but once people know this they can use an image capture tool to 'photograph' the page while they view it. This can then be printed or run through a OCR scanner to return the image back to digital text.

It'goes with the territory of internet usage, Im afraid

astaldaran
Re: Theories on preventing article "stealing"
  • 2005/1/30 3:36

• astaldaran

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/9 1

Thanks,

Can you give me some more info on these encryption scripts? all we need to do is discourage them, we know we can't stop them.

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits