janmetpet
Headlines on frontpage module
  • 2005/1/28 12:05

• janmetpet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/17

Hi everybody,

I have daily news and I want to publish the 5 most recent headlines on the frontpage. I use spotlight now, but that's already to much. I don't want images, I don't want to have teaser text, etc. I just want 5 lines, that link to the news items. Does anyone have a suggestion? THanks in advance,

Jan

jdseymour
Re: Headlines on frontpage module

Assuming that you are using News 1.2.1. Use the recent news block. Turn off all options except to show 5 articles. It should give you a block with links to five articles, no pictures or tag lines.

To access the block settings go to block admin, find the block, go all the way to the right and click on edit.

HTH.

janmetpet
  • 2005/1/28 12:51

• janmetpet

• Just popping in

Wow, thanks. I still used version 1.1. I installed it and it displays the last 10 newsitems. The titles are cut-off though and I want to bring it back to 5.

I could not find any options for it. I hacked the news_top.php and changed the cut-off. But I'm still in the dark for the amount of lines. My PHP are pretty non-existent. Any suggestions. It's not a biggy, but it would be nice. Thanks in advance,

Jan

jdseymour

Check in the blocks admin. Locate the block in the list at the far right click on edit, you should have options to change there.

I would also suggest to upgrade to news 1.2.1.

janmetpet
  • 2005/1/28 14:39

• janmetpet

• Just popping in

Thanks man! I upgraded and changed the settings. Exactly what I wanted! Thanks again.

Jan

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits