arpboy
Re: 2.0.9.2 problem in user menu.
  • 2005/1/27 21:06

• arpboy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 4

Thanks, M0nty. That's an OK work-around for the moment. Still frustrating, though. Hopefully someone more familiar with the code than I can fix it.

m0nty
  • 2005/1/27 21:47

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

it seems that allowing a certain group access to just 1 part of the system module fixes the error and the admin menu link shows then..

it looks like isAdmin is only checking if the user/group has access to at least 1 section of the system module and is ignoring the modules admin..

if u want a quick workaround and can trust the guys who you give module admin rights too, then simply just give them access to 1 setting from the system admin part (ie user ranks, as there's no major loss there if it's tampered with)

maybe i could just hack the admin/system part and put a tick box in saying "group is allowed admin access" so when u tick it it thinks u have access to system module too. that way they'll get the admin menu link, but will only be abe to edit the modules they have admin to, altho the system module will be visible they won't be able to edit anythin..

bad way of going about it, but could work..

arpboy
  • 2005/1/27 21:53

• arpboy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 4

Testing...

Hate to disappoint, but the premise isn't true on my system. I gave them an "Edit User" option before (just as a test) - still no response. I then moved it to "User Rank" just to see what happens: nothing.

I think the tick mark is probably the best way to go about it in the short term. Quick, dirty, and effective...

Obviously the isAdmin function just isn't getting it; I know there were some problems earlier, and it looks like they haven't resolved them yet.

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits