ssenne1
Firefox and database(?) problems
  • 2005/1/25 19:33

• ssenne1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/25

I have come across a couple problems with xoops2 communicatiing with the database. I see similar reports in the forums, and what they all seem to ahve in common is firefox.

The problems go away or get fixed for me when I switch to mozilla, and another user reported that aeverythign was fine when he switched to IE. (I use linux, so Ieis not available to me)

symptons:
failed block update Id-NN
I get this after trying to move sopme blocks in the administrative menu. If I move the block in the main blocks menu, it says that the update was successful, however my changes did not take place. to get this message I have to go to edit, then apply the changes

occasionally, I get the message tellingme that "this is the first time you have accessed the admin area". even though I have been there before. I know this sees if adminmenu.php exists, but I only get this when using firefox. Sometimes it then lops their continuously, after clicking ok, the message comes back up over and over.

I also recently ran into a problem trying to submit a file to thedownlaods section using firefox:

Error Code: 0013

ERROR: Could not query the database.
Error:

I could not get passed that except by switching browsers. the other errors were somewhat random in their appearance.

m0nty
Re: Firefox and database(?) problems
  • 2005/1/25 19:42

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

never noticed any problems.. have checked my site with IE, mozilla, firefox and netscape.. no problems at all..

usually those errors occur when chmod permissions aren't set right on ur server.. so check cache, templates_c & uploads are set to 777

ssenne1
  • 2005/1/25 21:04

• ssenne1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/25

`ls -l` in the XOOPS directory shows:

drwxrwxrwx   2 apache apache   168 Jan 25 14:11 cache
drwxrwxrwx   5 apache apache  1224 Jan 25 02
:53 uploads
drwxrwxrwx   2 apache apache  7608 Jan 25 02
:50 templates_c

They all look liek they are 777 to me.

Thanks though.

rob777
  • 2005/1/27 19:47

• rob777

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/21

I found another bug with FireFox.

I tryed regidtering as a new user through Firefox, Net7 and IE to see what the users will see.

Netscape 7 and IE worked fine.

the bug I found with Firefox is that when a new user uses the activation key link from the email, or pasting url direct into the browser, their account is activated fine. But the automatic redirect doesn't work.

step one-click key link, and a page comes up "thanks for regsitering, yadda yadda, "If the page doesn't automatically reload, click here"

step two- if you wait for the auto redirect you get redirected to a blank screen. if your click the "click here" you are taken to the index page. But once in a while the redirect will work like it supposed to.

Nothing major, I think, but is very buggy acting.

Later,
Rob

m0nty
  • 2005/1/27 19:52

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

not a XOOPS problem though i don't think :S

maybe ur firefox is set to cache more and not updating properly.. mine works fine..

but i think it may likely to be a bug in firefox rather than xoops..

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits