Shine
Submit news vs 1.21 BIG problems
  • 2005/1/27 10:26

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

There is a major problem with the latest newsmodule. Submitting news is like hell.
All settings and permissions are correct!

Xoops vs. 2.09.2
PHP Version 5.0.3
System Windows NT 5.2 build 3790
Zend Engine v2.0.3
register_globals On
safe_mode Off
display_errors On

It looks as if the datefunction is giving the problem.

Warning [PHP]: date() [function.date]: Windows does not support dates prior to midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970 in file c:\domains\XXXX\wwwroot\portaal\include\functions.php line 199
Warning [PHP]: date() [function.date]: Windows does not support dates prior to midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970 in file c:\domains\XXXX\wwwroot\portaal\include\functions.php line 199

Now when I look at the date and timestamp within the newssubmit form (admin and users end) time is getting crazy.
Set Date/Time of publish: Standard showing: 2005-01-27 time: 12.30 (at the moment it actually is 11.40 hrs)
Now if I set only the timestamp earlier, the news still won't publish. I also have to turn back the date one day. Which means:
actual posting date: 27 needs to be changed (turn back) into 26th.
The option of not setting the date/time of publish doesn't solve this problem. The news won't get published.

Does anybody has a clue how to solve this major newsproblem?

Grtz., Shine

rowdie
Re: Submit news vs 1.21 BIG problems
  • 2005/1/27 11:15

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

As far as I know the news module was not designed to be compatible with PHP5 . It was made before PHP5 had a final release, and I haven't seen an upgrade since then.

From your description it looks like something has been changed with the way timestamps are handled in PHP5.

To solve your problem I guess you'd either have to go back to PHP4.x or debug the news module with regards to the changes brought about in PHP5 I'll take a quick look, but I suspect that will be a huge job... and I believe Hervé is very close to finishing and releasing News 1.3, so your problems might have been solved with that release.

Of course, I could be on the wrong track entirely with my belief that it's related to PHP5 issues... just offering my opinion, it doesn't help you much but it's better than no response, I guess...

Rowd

edit: After reading your post again, could it be that your server has a different date to what you are expecting? Does changing the site and/or user preferences for timezone change anything?

Shine
Re: Submit news vs 1.21 BIG problems
  • 2005/1/27 11:58

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Quote:

rowdie wrote:
As far as I know the news module was not designed to be compatible with PHP5 . It was made before PHP5 had a final release, and I haven't seen an upgrade since then.

edit: After reading your post again, could it be that your server has a different date to what you are expecting? Does changing the site and/or user preferences for timezone change anything?

It is your last suggestion which occurs the problem and solved it also. (it is the first time I'd to install XOOPS on windowsserver and stumble into a lot of probs. Well this aside.....)
I changed the time setting within: admin/preferences main:
Server timezone back into: greenwich meantime.....
The error message disappeared and news submission seems ok now.
The Default timezone I left into GMT+1.00, since the website is Dutch and should show the actual timezone.

On unix I always set them the same and had never problems. Now I understand these timesettings run apart from eachother?!

Grtz., Shine
(who's kind of feeling a XOOPS newbie after years of working with xoops. )

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits