bradburn
Xoops as an Intranet
  • 2005/1/26 11:01

• bradburn

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/26

Hi there,

I hope this question is posted in the right place - if not sorry.
I have tried searching for related questions in the forum but have had no luck so far.

Ive been asked to build an Intranet site for a medium sized charity call centre. I want things like phone book module, forums, voting polls and to display html pages from the olf Intranet.

Is XOOPS a good tool to use as an easy setup Intranet?

Also - i have managed to install it easily on my personal machine and I am playing around with it. But if it works I will need to stick it on to the windows server so that it can be used as an Intranet by other machines on the network.

can I use XSAS to intall my XOOPS site to the windows server? Can the XOOPS site I will have edited be easy to copy across - or will I have to re-edit the default template?

Many, many thanks to anyone who can offer any answers or suggestions!

Rob

brash
Re: Xoops as an Intranet
  • 2005/1/26 12:08

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Yep, I am setting XOOPS up as an intranet for my own work

For the phone book module, you could use something like xDirectory. Forums you can use NewBB 2. Voting polls can be provided in the standard polls module (I'd advise to use polls hack for extra functionality). As for displaying HTML pages from your old intranet, how many are we talking?

If you are using a Windows server, why not just use IIS that comes with it? It's perfectly capable of running Xoops, I use it myself.

Anonymous
  • 2005/1/26 12:38

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hello,
I use XOOPS as an intranet system under IIS webserver, u need to download php-installer from www.php.net that can config IIS and add php.exe as run program for .php files.

bradburn
  • 2005/1/26 17:08

• bradburn

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/26

Really appreciate all your speedy responses - what
a great community for xoops.

Do you think it will be easy to transfer the XOOPS site (and all the modifications and settings I have given it) to to the server?

Is it a case of just sending the important folders?

Also - I have found a template that suits our identity, I would just like to be able to make it larger - like this template that reaches both sides of the browser and doesnt look as cluttered. Is there an easy way to do this?

I am thinking of stinking about 40 pages of HTML in, these 40 pages will probably be divided in to 8 departments. Would this amount of pages pose a problem and what is the best way of getting the html pages in the site?

I am so grateful for all your help!

Rob

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits