Cavan
Unexplained "error" in News module...NEED HELP.
  • 2005/1/18 8:05

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/28

I've used the News module (1.1, with XOOPS 2.0.7.3) without a problem until today:

I submitted a news article from the "Submit News" link on my site and when I clicked on the "submit" button I saw the word "error" in the upper left side of the next page. The page refreshed and the new article wasn't posted.

I checked my settings in the News module and saw that nothing was changed. I checked my current submit.php with a fresh backup submit.php and there's no difference between the two.

I uploaded a complete backup of the News module and nothing changed. I uninstalled the News module, reinstalled it and nothing changed. The error still exists and I don't know where it's coming from.

This is one module I definitely need on my site and I need help with this fast...Please, can someone help me out here?

Here's an oddity: I can post news from within Admin but not by using the "Submit news" feature...

FYI: News submissions are set to "auto approve" but not even the admin (me) can post news unless doing so through the News module in XOOPS Admin.

I checked the "preview" part of the news module and that still seems to be working okay...but I'm still not able to submit news outside of Admin menu...

jdseymour
Re: Unexplained "error" in News module...NEED HELP.

Just an idea. Just before this started have you installed any recent modules. Could be a conflict of some kind. Also try to think of any changes that you may have made.

Cavan
  • 2005/1/18 15:33

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Yes, that thought did occur to me...I'd just an addition of a chatroom but deactivated and deleted it to see if it was causing the problem but no, that wasn't it.

Would cloning my default template set have any effect on this or be causing the error? I read somewhere here in these forums when searching for help on this problem that there's a few 'glitches' that can popup in XOOPS when you clone a template set. Is this true? Sounds unlikely but you never know...

Anyway, I also deactivated and uninstalled the XooPopChat, Buddyfriends, and Polls modules (which were added since my last news posting) but there's no difference: I can still preview a post from the "Submit News" link (modules/news/submit.php) but still get the "error" at the top of the "Thank you for your submission..." page, and I can only submit news through the News module while in Admin.

I'm stumped...

Cavan
Re: Unexplained "error" in News module...NEED HELP ASAP.
  • 2005/1/26 2:08

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Unfortunately, the answer to this question doesn't seem to be forthcoming here or at this thread (started by another XOOPS user with the same problem):

Login problem and submit news problem

Does anyone here know how to contact the News module developer for assistance on this error problem? Are there any XOOPS Developers here who have suggestions on who I need to get help from? Should I seek help at Sourceforge instead?

This is increasingly exasperating to deal with (not finding help) since as of this date, this submitnews.php error is the only thing preventing our site going live...

m0nty
  • 2005/1/26 2:15

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

u using news 1.2.1 ?? and what version of xoops?

can u turn php debug on and paste us the error messages received if any when u try to submit.

Cavan
  • 2005/1/26 2:17

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Monty:

Login problem and submit news problem

Everything you need is at this thread.

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits