arpboy
Group membership - Can't add members
  • 2005/1/25 17:14

• arpboy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 4

Hi:

I've got a wierd problem: on a particular site I have, I'm working with groups. When I modify a group, I get the box for members, but I don't get the "add" or the non-member box. I've tried regenerating all the "user" templates in the system area, but that hasn't helped.

I need to get folks into a group for limited module access.

Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

-Richard

m0nty
Re: Group membership - Can
  • 2005/1/25 17:18

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

what versions you running? what module u having problem with (this is the module troubleshooting forum afterall)

turn php debug on in preferences and repeat the steps u goto to add members to groups and see what errors (if any are given)

without any more info it's gonna be hard for any1 answerin your question..

was it working before? what have you done since for it to stop working? ie. any hacks, any new modules etc etc

arpboy
  • 2005/1/25 17:26

• arpboy

• Just popping in

Good questions. Sorry I didn't give more info.

Xoops 2.0.7.2 - I have installed newbb2 in the last couple of weeks but not much else.

I turned on PHP debugging, but nothing showed. I tried MYSQL, and saw the queries, which all looked good.

What am I doing (stupidly) wrong?

m0nty
  • 2005/1/25 17:39

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

2.0.7.2 ? or was that a typo?

2.0.7.3 fixed a few bugs and was released the same day as 2.0.7.2 1st i would suggest updating to 2.0.7.3 which was the last stable release prior to XOOPS 2.0.9.2 (stable)

arpboy
  • 2005/1/25 17:48

• arpboy

• Just popping in

Now I'm wondering - I installed it awhile back and have several other XOOPS sites, so I'm not sure. I don't see anywhere to get a version. The footer of the admin page says 2.0.7, so I'm wondering if that isn't correct.

Other sites so 2.0.7.3 - If that's trustworthy, then I should go ahead and take it all the way up, I think...

(1 Hour later...)

OK, it IS 2.0.7. I upgraded to 2.0.9.2 and upgraded the Forum modules to 2.01 (current stable). I did all the upgrade procedures required, but the problem still exists:

The "Add" box and the non-member box still don't show up when working with group membership. The members DO show up.

arpboy
  • 2005/1/25 18:49

• arpboy

• Just popping in

An update:

I did manipulate the database directly and was able to add a user to a group by modifying the xoops_groupuser_link table. When I modify the group, that person shows up as a member.

So it appears that the database works, but not the page. Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

-Richard

m0nty
  • 2005/1/25 18:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

can u take a screen shot?

there's usually a link above where it says group members.. if u click that link 'find users to add to this group' it's located just above where it shows the group members..

after you reach a certain amount of members, the add member to group section changes slightly as listing lots of users in the text boxes is a real cpu hog.. so u then have to click a link and find the member to add..

arpboy
  • 2005/1/25 19:03

• arpboy

• Just popping in

M0nty:

You're a genius; and I'm a blithering idiot.

That's what happened. I received your message while I was going through the groups.php to see what the code does. I noticed that "if users>200" clause and was just starting to review when I got your message.

The last time I worked with this site, it had about 150 members. All my other sites are public, with only administrative accounts (usually less than 20). This site now has 300 users.

I saw the link, but when I clicked it, it appeared to be used to find members of the group, not add members. I should have followed through.

After receiving your message, I DID follow through, and, though obvious to me now, it surprised me when I could add users that way.

My groups are back in shape. On the bright side, at least I'm now current on all my rev's!!

Thanks again for all your help.

-Richard

m0nty
  • 2005/1/25 19:14

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

you're welcome :) that just occured to me after you posted your last posts.. shame i didn't think about that part before i said to upgrade.. lol but yes at least ur upto date now at least :)

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits