richbrown
CSS and Xoops (No Tables)
  • 2005/1/21 9:29

• richbrown

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

Hi

I thought I would just point people to Dave at Incama Designs most excellent tutorial on CSS.

CSS Tutorial

It is excellent and well worth a visit if you want to try your hand at Css and XOOPS without tables!

Rich

P.S. Don't forget there is also StudioC excellent theme and tutorial at Theme and Tutorial.

carnuke
Re: CSS and Xoops (No Tables)
  • 2005/1/21 9:55

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Thanks Rich, I ve been waiting for the Incama one. The site is already listed in docs site community websites. Maybe Incama would like to submit a download to the docs site as well?

Tjnemez site is also listed on the docs site.

Thanks for this worthy plug.

incama
  • 2005/1/21 17:33

• incama

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/24

Hello Carnuke,.,

It is true, I promised you a manual,. and I am ashamed, because I haven't send you any:(

I will, as soon as possible.

richbrown
  • 2005/1/21 17:43

• richbrown

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

Hey Dave

No shame - total respect!!!

For those that want to take a look please go to Abi Studios. I am taking an interesting journey. At the start of this week I decided I wanted to start learning CSS and using it to design XOOPS sites without tables!

What I tried to do was to learn through others work and well it didn't really work and I produced nothing!!! I asked Dave at Incama to take a look and he did, offered some suggestions then encouraged me to start again using his tutorials!

I have to admit to having a prior knowledge of CSS but I am not sure if that helped! However, when I started to read Dave's tutorials then the light shone in my brain, my heart started beating wildly (ok not really!) but it was inspirational and hugely rewarding. I learnt a lot and today I have uploaded my first two themes to my web site above.

They both need work but in time that will come. Have a go it could be just the challenge you need!

Rich

P.S. The heart beating comes when my wife walks through the door - who said romance has died!

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits