Mithrandir
Re: Making Module

Which theme are you using?

This may be a stupid question (or can be perceived as such) but why don't you just set the right-side blocks to not show in that module?

sgshell
  • 2005/1/17 17:50

• sgshell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/4

I do know that i could just use the block admin to do it...but i will like it to force disable the left or right block for the modules create....so that it will be easier to control the block admin...imagine if you have a long list of block....it will be troublesome to goto each just to disble.

Mithrandir

Might be just as annoying installing a module that controls how your site's blocks work. Could lead to a number of enquiries - naturally only a problem if you release the module to the general public.

It was just an attempt at making it easier for you

erzon
  • 2005/1/18 4:29

• erzon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/1 3

i can't disable the right block it will not shown forever what i want is that my one module only and nothing else

sgshell
  • 2005/1/18 13:13

• sgshell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/4

Quote:

erzon wrote:
i can't disable the right block it will not shown forever what i want is that my one module only and nothing else

You do not need alter the code in yours modules but just go to yours block admin and edit each block that appear on yours site.... hope this help you....
-----------------------------------------

i still hope i could find a CODE that could disable left or right block in certain modules by insert "CODE" into the modules...anyone can help on this?? or it was impossible?

erzon
  • 2005/1/18 15:35

• erzon

• Quite a regular

no thats not what i want.. i want is to the right block is when you go to that module right block will disappear

erzon
  • 2005/1/19 16:40

• erzon

• Quite a regular

can anyone help me with this problem..all the suggestion still dont have any results i dont know why

Dave_L
  • 2005/1/19 16:49

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I can't think of any reason why the code I posted wouldn't work, if you changed the right file, and if you're using a correct theme, such as the default theme. Make sure you're not looking at an old cached file that was created before you made the change.

Antoine
  • 2005/1/19 16:50

• Antoine

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/14

Well it might help to answer Mithrandirs question about which theme you are using. If the theme doesn't do something like this setting the options won't help a bit:

Quote:
<{if $xoops_showrblock == 1}> <{/if}>

And also as stated before allways set the options BEFORE you include header.php. The header.php starts rendering the site so a good rule of thumb I use is to include it as late as possible. Possibly even right before you let Smarty render your template.

Dave_L
  • 2005/1/19 17:18

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
... The header.php starts rendering the site so a good rule of thumb I use is to include it as late as possible. Possibly even right before you let Smarty render your template.

That's not necessarily good if you're using caching. It could cause unnecessary database queries or other processing.

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits