Sumaleth
upgrade using the full zip
  • 2005/1/18 4:25

• Sumaleth

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/18

Hello,

I'm working on the XOOPS installer script for the DirectAdmin/cPanel auto-installer INSTALLATRON (http://www.installatron.com).

And I'm trying to determine how best to perform an upgrade from 2.0.7.3 to 2.0.9.2 using files from the _full_ archive (ie. not the update file).

I started listing the files that aren't in the update zip but are in the full zip, with the aim of deleting those files from the full zip to end up with only the files found in the update zip (if you know what I mean..). But there were way too many of them.

What I'm hoping to find is a list of files/directories that need to be deleted from the full archive for me to then be able to risk-free copy the remainding files/directories over the top of the install I'm upgrading.

I don't know XOOPS all that intimately, but these look likely candidates:

html/mainfile.php
html/templates_c

What else should I delete to avoid overwriting configuration stuff? If it helps, the users who use Installatron are unlikely to have made any mods so I don't need to worry about that.

Thanks,
Rowan.

--
Installatron
DirectAdmin/cPanel auto-installer

m0nty
Re: upgrade using the full zip
  • 2005/1/18 4:33

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

if ur updating from the full zip... mainfile.php needs to be excluded from being copied.. ie don't overwrite mainfile.php or you will stop ur site working..

templates_c is nothing for an upgrade.. that doesn't need to be done as thats basically a tempish folder where the themes and templates are compiled..

the rest u can find the changed files if u look in the changelogs..

so, no need to updgrade templates_c, cache or mainfile.php (efinitely not mainfile.php)

also with regards to upgrade.. if u have newbb2 installed then DO NOT overwrite your newbb folder with the one in the upgrade package as that version is for newbb and not newbb2 and it will break your forum if u do..

Sumaleth
  • 2005/1/18 5:01

• Sumaleth

• Just popping in

Thanks for the info.

Regarding newbb, would the best way to find the installed version be to look at this line in modules/newbb/index.php:

$Id: index.php,v 1.16 2004/12/26 19:11:58 Onokazu Exp

ie. if it shows "v 2." then I will delete the /newbb directory before copying everything across to the install?

Rowan.

m0nty
  • 2005/1/18 5:06

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

no, that line is just for versioning/revision numbers when files have been submitted via cvs..

the main way to tell is to look at xoops_version.php

$modversion['name'] = _MI_NEWBB_NAME;
$modversion['version'] = 1.00;

Sumaleth
  • 2005/1/18 6:53

• Sumaleth

• Just popping in

Thanks, that's all the information I needed. Appreciate it.

Rowan.

Login

Who's Online

542 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 542

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits