kiwiguy
Adding a flash banner
  • 2005/1/16 10:44

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

Hey I am a little bit of a noobie here when it comes to themes but I have read a few other posts about adding flash banners to my site but still have trouble understang how its done.

I have experimented and have failed how do I go about adding a dlash banner that covers the whole top part of my page where the banner goes usually i want that whole section as a flash banner.

Help would be appreciated but in real laymens terms if possible.

thanks
kiwiguy

carnuke
Re: Adding a flash banner
  • 2005/1/16 10:54

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Have you read THIS THREAD ? about flash banners. I'm waiting for a resolution on this before abstracting it into the FAQs

Hope this can help

kiwiguy
  • 2005/1/17 1:52

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=29695&forum=27&post_id=130528#forumpost130528

Thanks that helped but not to the point where I place it and what part of the original theme code do i remove to replace it with the code for the flash banner??

menochi
  • 2005/1/17 4:24

• menochi

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/28

Hi

I have send a little message to the faq:

H E R E

Here you can see a way to put a flash in the top of your page. Where exactly put the code depends to the (X)HTML you use in your theme. If you are working with tables: it must be the first table after the body. Your (content-) page starts so with the second table (f.i.).

I hope it helps

kiwiguy
  • 2005/1/18 0:19

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

I have read that and yes I feel like a total dummy I still have no idea where abouts the code for it goes i know it go in the first table but do I replace the content of the first table with this code or add it as if i added it make a double table at the top wouldn't.

Can somebody please clarify this for me as I am still haveing troubles..

sorry about being a dummy here

kiwiguy

Chainsaw
  • 2005/1/18 1:07

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Let me see if I get this right (mateeeee.....)

You want to put a flash banner at the top of your site?

If you want it as an addition to the top of your Insanity Rock and 4thefort banner then I would insert a new cell (spanning the three columns) at the top.

If however, you want to replace the IR and 4thefort image, then just replace the image codes with the flash codes within the < td > < /td > where the two logos are currently located in your theme.html file.

kiwiguy
  • 2005/1/18 3:43

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks chainsaw all done and looking awseome Just have to upload my final masterpiece and its all done :P

Thanks for the help

kiwiguy

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits