council
Module Use Questions
  • 2005/1/17 23:04

• council

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/18

I use the column feature of news_1.2 to give me three columns across my front page. I'd like more flexibility. I want one of those columns to remain stationary. I also want the background of that column to be light blue instead of white. Finally, in that column I want a wiki or group blog. By the way, I've installed weblog -- can I use it? Also, how do I make it a wiki? How do I change the menu listing from "my blog" to, say, wiki?

XMLine: I've installed this module but don't know where to go from there. I want my members to be able to add their own rss and url data, but don't understand how to configure this.

C-Jay Content: I've yet to figure out how to use this module. The module interface is not what I expected. I don't see the wysiwyg interface or see a way of getting to it, or for that matter, uploading pages through it, or any other of the things this module can do.

rssfit: this module was easy enough to set up, but it doesn't really seem to be producing a standard opml or xml file when I click on the icons. It generates the contents of my news module in blogs instead of the standard xml or opml file other feeds on other websites generate.

Finally, what's the best way to list blogrolls on the left or right side? What module serves this purpose best?

Thanking you before hand,

Chainsaw
Re: Module Use Questions
  • 2005/1/17 23:13

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Can't answer all your questions - just one :)

Quote:

By the way, I've installed weblog -- can I use it? Also, how do I make it a wiki? How do I change the menu listing from "my blog" to, say, wiki?

To change the menu listing name, go to XOOPS Control Panel -> System Admin -> Modules
Change the name of the module from there and submit it.

Quote:

C-Jay Content: I've yet to figure out how to use this module. The module interface is not what I expected. I don't see the wysiwyg interface or see a way of getting to it, or for that matter, uploading pages through it, or any other of the things this module can do.

Sometime its not how it works but what you want to do. I for example tried C-Jay but in the end used WFS-Channel because it has the necessary functions I was after. Are you after a module to wrap a HTML page in XOOPS or an article manager?

council
  • 2005/1/18 0:38

• council

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/18

Quote:

Chainsaw wrote:
Can't answer all your questions - just one :)

Quote:

By the way, I've installed weblog -- can I use it? Also, how do I make it a wiki? How do I change the menu listing from "my blog" to, say, wiki?

Quote:

To change the menu listing name, go to XOOPS Control Panel -> System Admin -> Modules
Change the name of the module from there and submit it.

thanks, but my problem is the module -- weblog -- has a drop down menu I want to change.

Quote:

[quote
Sometime its not how it works but what you want to do. I for example tried C-Jay but in the end used WFS-Channel because it has the necessary functions I was after. Are you after a module to wrap a HTML page in XOOPS or an article manager?

Both. But News_1.2 seems to be alright for now. But I would like to include ful webpages at some time in the future and the think is, c-jay content is just a huge puzzle to me. I can't see the logic to its operation and use.

Likewise, XMLine I've installed this module but don't know where to go from there. I want my members to be able to add their own rss and url data, but don't understand how to configure this.

Finally, along with the news module on the front page with three columns, I want to use one of those columns as a public notification column anyone can leave a message in -- a mini-bullitin board, I suppose.

Thanks,

Chainsaw
  • 2005/1/18 0:44

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Weblog has a drop down menu?? Must be a different version to mine.

Could be hidden in the templates??? Control Panel-> System Admin -> Templates

LazyBadger

Quote:

council wrote:
rssfit: this module was easy enough to set up, but it doesn't really seem to be producing a standard opml or xml file when I click on the icons. It generates the contents of my news module in blogs instead of the standard xml or opml file other feeds on other websites generate.

RSSFit produces pure XML RSS 2.0 feeds, they are simply "decorated" by using CSS. Try "View Source" of generated page - you'll see it.

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits