dickinsd
anonymous voting
  • 2005/1/17 15:46

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help, I think I have a problem with my poll on my site.

I have traffic to my site, but I am not getting many new members.

I want to find out why, no one is saying anything in the forums, so I have placed a poll on the site, I have given unregistered users permission to vote (I think)

I tried to make 2 votes from my house, the first went through, the second will not go through, with a message that I have voted already.

I assumed this may be down to my cache or cookies, so I cleared everything and tried again - no luck - so I tried to do it from my Linux machine, and again it said I have already voted today.

I am wondering if this is because the site is going on my IP address OR is the site confused, has it assumed that 1 anonymous voter represents the opinion of all unregistered users?

I have emailed the guy that looks after a bit of the site for me to see if he can vote on the site without logging in, but I think he may be a bit busy as I have heard nothing from him.

Does anyone know if multiple anonymous voters can vote seperately? (on the same day)

Dave

dickinsd
Re: anonymous voting
  • 2005/1/17 16:02

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Not sure if this is just IP address, anonymizer seems to allow me to vote, but the votes are not updated on my site?

Login

Who's Online

358 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 358

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits