barbary
Only 1 Block Instance Per Module??
  • 2005/1/17 7:34

• barbary

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/15

NEWB HERE:

I think I am missing some basic knowledge of how this all words...

There must be a way to CLONE a block?! For instance, I have installed the "TinyD Module", which offers 2 blocks (TinyD 0 Content, TinyD 0 Menu). When I edit the module "TinyD", I am given the option to "ADD CONTENT", so I created a "WELCOME" message. I then exit the MODULE config, and go to BLOCK config, and I setup the "Blocks" config to use the "TinyD O Content" block on the "Top Page" and use the content which I titled "WELCOME"... and yea.. yea.. display the block in the center position. NOW.. I go back to BLOCK config, and add content, to create a 2nd piece of content called "WHY I AM DUMB" and type all about why I am so damn dumb. This is where I get really confused... I go back to the MODULE config, and I now want to display this 2nd piece of information using the TINYd module, but my "TinyD O Content" block is already being used with my "WELCOME" message.... so back to my initial question, can I CLONE the "TinyD O Content" block which uses the TinyD Module, so I can post more than 1 message??

Does anyone follow me? I am confused on this point with ALL modules. Another example would be the ability to display a thumbnail of a random photo using MyAlbum... now what if I want to do this on the home page with one block of photos, and another block of photos on another page? Ya know?

Does each module only come with one set of blocks that you can use? That would suck a lot.

Thanks for any help you may provide as I'm very dumb.

TinyD
http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=18

-Barbary

barbary
Re: Only 1 Block Instance Per Module??
  • 2005/1/20 0:07

• barbary

• Just popping in

Did I screw up and post this in the QUESTIONS ONLY forum, instead of the QUESTIONS & ANSWERS FORUM????

SOS! HELP! How do I clone Edito or any of these content blocks?

Bassman
  • 2005/1/20 0:32

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

You don't need a content management block for a welcome message. You can just make up a custom block and put it wherever you want.

barbary
  • 2005/1/20 0:51

• barbary

• Just popping in

OMG Bassman!

It couldn't be THAT easy?! DAMN... I'll try that...

Sometimes I put my shoes on backwards and talk to myself... which doesn't seem right. I'll RTFM again.

Cheers!

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits