barbary
Xoops Welcome Box?
  • 2005/1/15 21:35

• barbary

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/15

Three questions:

(1) WELCOME BOX -- How do I get that Welcome box in the center of the Xoops.org home page?

Is that a Section Module or what??

(2) SECTIONS -- I would like to setup a few blocks which basically display a summary (including an image) on the home page, and then allow the user to click to a page with more detail (such as a brief description of services in one block, and a brief description of a promotion on the home page, and then a link to click for more detail)...

What module do I use for this?

(3) REMOVE LINKS FROM MAIN MENU -- How do I remove links from the Main Menu? For instance, I have a "News" on the Main Menu list, but I also have hte "News" displayed on the home page. I JUST want it on the home page... no need for a link to a separate page with news...

Many, many thanks for your help! XOOPS could make my world a ton better, if I can figure all this configuramo stuff out.

Cheers,
Barbary

irmtfan
Re: Xoops Welcome Box?
  • 2005/1/15 22:13

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

welcome to XOOPS :)
1) you can create custom blocks to show a "welcome page" for anon and registered users and any other groups
2)use wf-section or any other article module you can find many usefull module in module repository
3) look at this faq

carnuke
  • 2005/1/16 0:02

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Quote:
(2) SECTIONS -- I would like to setup a few blocks which basically display a summary (including an image) on the home page, and then allow the user to click to a page with more detail (such as a brief description of services in one block, and a brief description of a promotion on the home page, and then a link to click for more detail)...

If you look HERE and click the 'Read more >>> ' and 'quick tour' links you will see an example of quick site navigation. Let me know if you are interested in this kind of idea.

barbary
  • 2005/1/16 1:52

• barbary

• Just popping in

Hey Carnuke-

Yea, I hate popups (as in the read more link), but otherwise, that is exactly what I am looking for.. a way to put two blocks next to each other like that in the center, with images, and a link to read more...

What would the best way to implement this? I know HTML, in case that helps.

Thanks for your help!

-Barbary

barbary
  • 2005/1/16 23:11

• barbary

• Just popping in

XOOPS seems like it has great potential, but finding HELP files, etc.. is NOT proving easy.

Do any of these modules come with help files? I know I'm script-challenged, but I can not seem to figure out WF-Section... the module config doesn't even speak to the blocks (Big Article, etc)..

LOST IN XOOPS SPACE!

-Barbary

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits